Question: Official "Stop beating a dead horse" thread

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I've seen it a (very) few times. I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people who post here (or anywhere, really) who never make mistakes in grammar, spelling or punctuation is REALLY close to zero. Lord knows I make plenty.
We have a tiny percentage of grammar police.
The majority of us don't care about grammar, it's the content we are here for... Truth is that most of us know better, but we tend to write like we talk. Most forums, this one included are opinion driven, and most of us like it that way.

I don't plan to begin each post with IMO. That's a given.
I talk about players, coaches, plays, Offenses and Defenses, Tuscaloosa, and great places to eat. Sometimes I make post that people disagree with, no harm intended...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
There are many that I only want to see another post when it is something new. The beating-the-dead horse comes into play on some in which the thread needs to die; it also comes into play in some threads in that the same stuff gets repeated, often by the same person, but the topic itself is still relevant. The quarterback competition thread comes to mind; I want to open it and find some new updates but for now it is pretty much repeats.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There are many that I only want to see another post when it is something new. The beating-the-dead horse comes into play on some in which the thread needs to die; it also comes into play in some threads in that the same stuff gets repeated, often by the same person, but the topic itself is still relevant. The quarterback competition thread comes to mind; I want to open it and find some new updates but for now it is pretty much repeats.
I agree that the discussion thread makes it harder to find/share real updates. Maybe there should be a separate thread with updates only?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Just so we are clear - Is Duron Carter is starting this year, and is Jimmy Johns moving to LB???
I miss seeing Jimmy Johns flying out onto the field with his arms spread out like he was an airplane.

As you can see, I am terrible about contributing to thead drift which I wish would stop doing, but probably won’t.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.