Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Re: Official "Stop beating a dead horse" thread

Is there a topic you wish you didn't have to see another post about on this board? Then do so here. Remember...profanity is not allowed!

Mods...I will let you determine if this thread is fit for this board.

Ok, here's mine: No more comparisons of Jalen and Tua. (I know it probably won't happen but it feels good to say it)
Amen Brother!! I don't trash our players or write stuff that might hurt me heir feelings should they read the boards. Besides.....there are so many things going on in a young man's life that I would have no clue about anymore than that young man would know about mine. I wish each of them the best, and hope for the best for all th se boys. No matter where theygo to school. Ain't that what Dad's do? Besides......I am JUST a fan. That is all.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
i wish i could stop seeing (though people are entitled to their opinions)

Jalen should change positions if he wants to make it to the NFL
While I believe he could possibly make the switch and have it work, I don't think it will happen at Alabama. I can't think of a position he could switch to and not be 3rd or worst on the depth chart, just given his lack of experience at any other position. I really think the ship has sailed on that.

And I have said it before, but will repeat myself: if I had to pick someone to blame for the fact that Jalen is most likely not going to be an NFL player, I would choose to blame his father. He was the high school coach, and wanted to win. It is certainly understandable that he would choose his star athlete (his son) to play the most critical position on the team. And of course, son is going to say "I definitely want to be the QB." But that decision was short-sighted, in my opinion, especially given that they let him go all the way through high school without learning how to read a defense or work on his release and decision-making. Why not? Because it was easy enough to just let Jalen out-athlete everyone on the field and have easy wins. Father should have, in my opinion, either put him at a position where he really could develop into a potential NFL player, or gotten some Jalen working on playing the QB position the right way, ran a playbook reflective of that, even if it hurt some, and let the kid develop early, rather than now saying we should be doing what he failed to do for the first 18 years of the kid's life (wow that was a long sentence. I should really go break that one up...nah).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know, I've been here around 3 years now and I've never seen anyone criticize another person's grammar. Am I just missing those posts?
We're sort of live and let live when it comes to grammar. When I see the "have ran," "have went", "have laid down", (referring to oneself) in a thread title, I'll correct it. Thread titles are what about 95% of casual browsers look at anyway. In the body of a post, I may cringe a bit, but I don't correct it...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
We're sort of live and let live when it comes to grammar. When I see the "have ran," "have went", "have laid down", (referring to oneself) in a thread title, I'll correct it. Thread titles are what about 95% of casual browsers look at anyway. In the body of a post, I may cringe a bit, but I don't correct it...
I always correct it in my mind until I get too annoyed with it - and then I just skip the rest of the post.

At this point there are a number of posters whom I simply, generally just skip over without reading.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As a public speaker the "have went" one bugs me the most. I've made plenty of bungles in speaking and writing, but in a forum setting I don't pay much attention to it. Public speaking and formal writing are much different IMO. Everybody needs a proof writer for professional papers/documents.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
"Would / Could / Should of" drives me up the wall. Why is it so hard to write "Would have"?

A close second is the currently-popular, "would have" in the sense of "had." As in, "If he would have said / done X..." For goodness sake, it's "If he had said / done X."

And yes, a construction along the lines of, "If he would of said X..." puts me entirely over the edge.

Many posters here correctly point out that freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences of that speech. They are right. But that knife cuts a lot of ways.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.