Question: Official "Stop beating a dead horse" thread

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Official "Stop beating a dead horse" thread

Is there a topic you wish you didn't have to see another post about on this board? Then do so here. Remember...profanity is not allowed!

Mods...I will let you determine if this thread is fit for this board.

Ok, here's mine: No more comparisons of Jalen and Tua. (I know it probably won't happen but it feels good to say it)

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Is there a topic you wish you didn't have to see another post about on this board? Then do so here. Remember no profanity is allowed!

Mods...I will let you determine if this thread is fit for this board.

Ok, here's mine: No more comparisons of Jalen and Tua. (I know it probably won't happen but it feels good to say it)
I agree it would be nice if we didn't have to have that discussion anymore. But it is likely the most important topic affecting Bama's short-term, and possibly long-term, success.

So, I will go with the hat thread.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I agree it would be nice if we didn't have to have that discussion anymore. But it is likely the most important topic affecting Bama's short-term, and possibly long-term, success.

So, I will go with the hat thread.
Blasphemy! The classics never get old. ;)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Does "I wish everyone posted with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation as if they had made it past the eighth grade!" count?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Jalen vs Tua is a legit discussion. Bashing / harsh criticism of any player is not. Profanity is not allowed.
I think what he was getting at is the Tua vs Jalen discussion is starting to permeate in just about every active thread. The 4 most active threads on the front page are all discussing the same thing..

Last edited:

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Official "Stop beating a dead horse" thread

Something I want to say further about this thread. It is not here to be hateful. It is simply to state ones opinion (within the TideFan rules). It doesn’t mean you are telling someone not to speak about a certain topic...only a WISH of the person posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
You know, I've been here around 3 years now and I've never seen anyone criticize another person's grammar. Am I just missing those posts?
I've seen it a (very) few times. I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people who post here (or anywhere, really) who never make mistakes in grammar, spelling or punctuation is REALLY close to zero. Lord knows I make plenty.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I've seen it a (very) few times. I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people who post here (or anywhere, really) who never make mistakes in grammar, spelling or punctuation is REALLY close to zero. Lord knows I make plenty.
Amen to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
You know, I've been here around 3 years now and I've never seen anyone criticize another person's grammar. Am I just missing those posts?
I have seen it mentioned a few times, but is seems to be more along the lines of using paragraphs to make the reading easier. If Selma and Krazy didn't break there posts up into paragraphs it may be tough to get through :). They do use paragraphs though so you can read it rather easily.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Well, I wish we never had another "guess who's injured now" or "look who got arrested" thread, but I get that's not the point here....

I could live without any more threads about who will be head coach after Saban retires and competing opinions on whether Dabo is worthy of consideration.

That's the thing about a dead horse, though, you can't make it stand up and run, but it doesn't mind if you beat it.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Does "I wish everyone posted with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation as if they had made it past the eighth grade!" count?
I guess I should have been more clear in my original post...

I wasn't saying that I wish people wouldn't criticize others' grammar.

My wish would be that everyone would post as if they had at least made it past the eighth grade. Some posters' posts are almost literally painful to read.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Besides that I find that the standard on this board for "expression" and the execution therein (which would include grammar) is much higher than anywhere else I've been on the web.
It's one of the reasons I stay with this board.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I guess I should have been more clear in my original post...

I wasn't saying that I wish people wouldn't criticize others' grammar.

My wish would be that everyone would post as if they had at least made it past the eighth grade. Some posters' posts are almost literally painful to read.
Ah! So perhaps I should improve my comprehension level to to same grade level!

;)

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
There used to be a handful of folks that would ask/comment about using correct grammar, but it basically fell on deaf ears.

Those that were the worst violators weren't about to take it to heart anyway. It was mostly the young kids anyway, typing with their thumbs... :pDT_old:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.