Dmitry Rivny receives offer from Bama - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Dmitry Rivny receives offer from Bama

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    IF Riley Norris comes back we have 13 on scholarship counting the freshmen signees. Something will have to open up for there to be a scholarship for Rivny.
    I counted and I am pretty sure AJ jr is a walk on. 13 is the max so we'd have one more if AJ jr is actually considered a walk on. Either that or there is another transfer coming after the semester ends think next week. We'll know soon enough. I like the direction we are going. We've offered several big kids who can shoot in the last few weeks or so.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I counted and I am pretty sure AJ jr is a walk on. 13 is the max so we'd have one more if AJ jr is actually considered a walk on. Either that or there is another transfer coming after the semester ends think next week. We'll know soon enough. I like the direction we are going. We've offered several big kids who can shoot in the last few weeks or so.
    Based on what? We have had 3 walk-on's dress out for games at various times last year. The primary 2 were Lawson Schaffer and Landon Fuller until Fuller broke a bone around the time of the RI game and was replaced by Tyler Barnes for the remainder of the season.

2017-18 Roster

If anything has changed with that it would have to be recent, since the end of the season. I've heard the rumors that AJjr COULD become a walk-on if we needed to sign an extra player but nothing so far has led me to believe that has happened or will happen.

BamaNation All-American

Based on the fact we'll have a true PG and we'll be much more experienced. Look at Nova, they had 1 kid who was a freshman whp lay meaningful minutes and I don't think he declared, but I could be wrong. Nova was and is a very experienced basketball team. We have a bunch of kids with live game experience coming back for the 1st time in a while. That alone makes me more optimistic about our chances to get better. We may not have the scoring PG that Sexton gave us, but I think we will function better as a team. We have to have more consistent outside shooting. I think both Petty and Mack will more than account for the loss of Sexton.

BamaNation All-American

According to twitter Rivny has committed to San Francisco.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

That's not shocking because I think after 1 game of going off, his productivity went downhill. I believe the staff is already looking at someone else.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    That's not shocking because I think after 1 game of going off, his productivity went downhill. I believe the staff is already looking at someone else.
    I wonder if there is a grad transfer that we could bring in? Personally I would prefer a grad transfer who would be one-and-done so the scholly would be available next year for one of the more talented players in the state. I didn't know for sure but Rivny seemed like someone that probably would have needed at least 2 years to be ready to contribute and with all the in-state talent next year I would rather not tie up a scholly that could be used for someone who could contribute more quickly.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I wonder if there is a grad transfer that we could bring in? Personally I would prefer a grad transfer who would be one-and-done so the scholly would be available next year for one of the more talented players in the state. I didn't know for sure but Rivny seemed like someone that probably would have needed at least 2 years to be ready to contribute and with all the in-state talent next year I would rather not tie up a scholly that could be used for someone who could contribute more quickly.
    Coach talked about having the flexibility to add 1 more player in his last interview. I think he will. We need another big body that can grab balls.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*