Dmitry Rivny receives offer from Bama

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
He (Dmitry Rivny) tweeted a photo of himself and CAJ stating that he had received an offer from Bama. I assume he is a 2019 prospect and not 2018 as was reported earlier.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Cecil Hurt just tweeted that he is a 2019 who might could reclassify.

UPDATE: Cecil just confirmed that he is in the 2018 class. Apparently he did well recently in a AAU tourney so starting to get a lot of attention. I wonder if he is insurance in case someone else transfers.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I mentioned a while back that we could look at 2-3 transfer.... Key is gone, Davis is gone... I think we'll see one more transfer. Also, Dmitry could redshirt this fall. No need to play him. Just develop him and gain some pounds.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I mentioned a while back that we could look at 2-3 transfer.... Key is gone, Davis is gone... I think we'll see one more transfer. Also, Dmitry could redshirt this fall. No need to play him. Just develop him and gain some pounds.
Agreed. It would not surprise me if Giddens transfers. Others have mentioned Ingram. Given that the current semester is about to end a player that graduates would be eligible to be a grad transfer and play right away instead of sitting out a year.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Agreed. It would not surprise me if Giddens transfers. Others have mentioned Ingram. Given that the current semester is about to end a player that graduates would be eligible to be a grad transfer and play right away instead of sitting out a year.
Why would Ingram transfer ?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I've seen Ingram's name thrown around as a potential transfer. I personally don't expect him to go but you never know. He is a 3rd year player and if he is close to graduating then he might decide to look for somewhere else to play. I like Ingram but to be brutally honest he seems to be a bit of a tweener type player without a true position and MIGHT be starting to slide down our depth chart just a bit. He can play 1, 2, or 3 but none of those seem to be his natural position. I could see a starting lineup of Butler, Petty, Jones, Mack, and Hall next year with Ingram coming off the bench. It all depends on if Petty and Jones develop as quickly as they are expected to develop and if Mack is as good as everyone thinks he is. I don't know what to expect out of Wood but if he surprises to the upside then he could get some minutes at 2 and/or 3.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't think Ingram will transfer, but you never know. I really thought he held the team together when Collin was out. I think we have 12 with Braxton transferring so we do have a space for next year. Teams are going to the Golden State model and everyone is looking for good shooters who can play inside or outside. I am actually going to the team banquet next Monday. I'll let everyone know if I get any new info there. By my count we have 3 newcomers, and 9 on scholarship not including AJ jr(I think he is considered a walkon) so we may have a slot open for the russian kid. I don't think Coach Johnson signs kids to redshsirt either. If he signs, I expect him to play.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think Ingram will transfer, but you never know. I really thought he held the team together when Collin was out. I think we have 12 with Braxton transferring so we do have a space for next year. Teams are going to the Golden State model and everyone is looking for good shooters who can play inside or outside. I am actually going to the team banquet next Monday. I'll let everyone know if I get any new info there. By my count we have 3 newcomers, and 9 on scholarship not including AJ jr(I think he is considered a walkon) so we may have a slot open for the russian kid. I don't think Coach Johnson signs kids to redshsirt either. If he signs, I expect him to play.
AJ and Riley are the big question marks in regards to the numbers. If AJ's not on scholarship, Alabama has 12 (the max) with Riley returning. If Riley goes elsewhere, that number obviously decreases.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
AJ and Riley are the big question marks in regards to the numbers. If AJ's not on scholarship, Alabama has 12 (the max) with Riley returning. If Riley goes elsewhere, that number obviously decreases.
Anything yet speculated - like a DII (UNA) or mid-level DI (Jax State) possibility?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Unless something has changed AJjr is on scholarship. CAJ confirmed that a year or so again when he was asked that question. I saw the video, it was not in print. I honestly don't think it would happen because we have 2 walk-ons that would have to bump one of them off the roster. Unless Schaffer decided to go somewhere else to get more minutes I doubt we will be moving AJjr to walk-on status.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
IF Riley Norris comes back we have 13 on scholarship counting the freshmen signees. Something will have to open up for there to be a scholarship for Rivny.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
IF Riley Norris comes back we have 13 on scholarship counting the freshmen signees. Something will have to open up for there to be a scholarship for Rivny.
I counted and I am pretty sure AJ jr is a walk on. 13 is the max so we'd have one more if AJ jr is actually considered a walk on. Either that or there is another transfer coming after the semester ends think next week. We'll know soon enough. I like the direction we are going. We've offered several big kids who can shoot in the last few weeks or so.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I counted and I am pretty sure AJ jr is a walk on. 13 is the max so we'd have one more if AJ jr is actually considered a walk on. Either that or there is another transfer coming after the semester ends think next week. We'll know soon enough. I like the direction we are going. We've offered several big kids who can shoot in the last few weeks or so.
Based on what? We have had 3 walk-on's dress out for games at various times last year. The primary 2 were Lawson Schaffer and Landon Fuller until Fuller broke a bone around the time of the RI game and was replaced by Tyler Barnes for the remainder of the season.

2017-18 Roster

If anything has changed with that it would have to be recent, since the end of the season. I've heard the rumors that AJjr COULD become a walk-on if we needed to sign an extra player but nothing so far has led me to believe that has happened or will happen.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Based on the fact we'll have a true PG and we'll be much more experienced. Look at Nova, they had 1 kid who was a freshman whp lay meaningful minutes and I don't think he declared, but I could be wrong. Nova was and is a very experienced basketball team. We have a bunch of kids with live game experience coming back for the 1st time in a while. That alone makes me more optimistic about our chances to get better. We may not have the scoring PG that Sexton gave us, but I think we will function better as a team. We have to have more consistent outside shooting. I think both Petty and Mack will more than account for the loss of Sexton.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
That's not shocking because I think after 1 game of going off, his productivity went downhill. I believe the staff is already looking at someone else.
I wonder if there is a grad transfer that we could bring in? Personally I would prefer a grad transfer who would be one-and-done so the scholly would be available next year for one of the more talented players in the state. I didn't know for sure but Rivny seemed like someone that probably would have needed at least 2 years to be ready to contribute and with all the in-state talent next year I would rather not tie up a scholly that could be used for someone who could contribute more quickly.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wonder if there is a grad transfer that we could bring in? Personally I would prefer a grad transfer who would be one-and-done so the scholly would be available next year for one of the more talented players in the state. I didn't know for sure but Rivny seemed like someone that probably would have needed at least 2 years to be ready to contribute and with all the in-state talent next year I would rather not tie up a scholly that could be used for someone who could contribute more quickly.
Coach talked about having the flexibility to add 1 more player in his last interview. I think he will. We need another big body that can grab balls.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.