Georgia loses another 4 star to transfer

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
On the same day they picked up a significant graduate transfer, Georgia has seen another player leave Kirby Smart‘s football program.

A four-star member of the Bulldogs’ 2016 recruiting class, Laguins was rated as the No. 10 inside linebacker in the country and the No. 21 player at any position in the state of Georgia.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...es-second-player-to-transfer-in-as-many-days/

I guess Kirby is finding out that getting a highly rated player is only half the equation. The other half is letting them start. I must say I like seeing this since Georgia has been raking in the blue chips the past two years. :D

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is the cost of doing business at the top level. You come in to compete and you better keep up with the competition because it never gets easier in the depth chart. We have guys transfer all the time and sometimes when they probably shouldn't have but their spot in the dog house had transition into just the backyard.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Didn't the media give us bad press for this happening to us..It happens when you recruit at the level we do..
What?!? The talking heads holding Alabama to a standard to which they hold no one else?!? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you....SHOCKED!

This is the latest in a long line of innovations Saban developed first, and promptly got skewered for it, painted as a low-rent mercenary, an example of everything wrong with college football today. Then, when the FBS world followed suit, it was good, imaginative management.

Not the first time. Hopefully won't be the last.

I do not have words to describe the respect I have lost for the fourth estate over the last 10-15 years.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
What?!? The talking heads holding Alabama to a standard to which they hold no one else?!? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you....SHOCKED!

This is the latest in a long line of innovations Saban developed first, and promptly got skewered for it, painted as a low-rent mercenary, an example of everything wrong with college football today. Then, when the FBS world followed suit, it was good, imaginative management.

Not the first time. Hopefully won't be the last.

I do not have words to describe the respect I have lost for the fifth estate over the last 10-15 years.
Fifths estate?!?

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It'll happen more often with Georgia now that they are recruiting at that level, but even then, if Kirby can walk and chew gum he ought to be pulling in top classes in Georgia (especially with what I've read is available next year in the peach state).

I've said the big question for Kirby is "Will he be able to manage the talent?" once he gets them there. He's in phase one of getting the talent, but the real test comes in the next 2 or 3 years when all those guys are expecting to play and he has to manage expectations from the players and fanbase.

If he doesn't win a SEC or NC in the next 3 years, he'll enter CMR territory.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It'll happen more often with Georgia now that they are recruiting at that level, but even then, if Kirby can walk and chew gum he ought to be pulling in top classes in Georgia (especially with what I've read is available next year in the peach state).

I've said the big question for Kirby is "Will he be able to manage the talent?" once he gets them there. He's in phase one of getting the talent, but the real test comes in the next 2 or 3 years when all those guys are expecting to play and he has to manage expectations from the players and fanbase.

True 'Dat!

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Kirby's advantage in this regard is that he learned from the best.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
This was projected, as UGA had to shed 3 players to come in at the 85 schools mark. Roster management is something Bama fans should be all too familiar with including gray shirts. Georgia has high numbers at the LB position and Languins was not going to get PT.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah we all understand the game afoot but I'm more interested in how the AJC spins it. I know some of their sports section was on the oversigning moral panic early in the Saban era. I imagine they have similar criticisms today because we know regional sports media is nothing if not internally consistent.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I think the thing that all Bama fans are familiar with is listening to the media and fans of other teams (including georgia fans) self-righteously condemning the Alabama Football Program for these actions which you all seem to condone now that it’s happening in athens with kirby.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.