2018-19 Roster

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I knew it. I was thinking Graduate Transfer route but the reclassifying did cross my mind for a brief moment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What is your evaluation of Lewis and what will be his impact on this year's team ? He looks like a stud. Thanks

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What is your evaluation of Lewis and what will be his impact on this year's team ? Thanks
Gifted player. Can shoot well. Can get 30 points if necessary. I feel like hes a natural fit at PG, but I'm concerned about his defense though. He can be little vulnerable at times. I think him playing with petty and Jones will open up whole new level of game for them and I wouldn't be shocked if we averages 80 to 95 points a game with those players.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Gifted player. Can shoot well. Can get 30 points if necessary. I feel like hes a natural fit at PG, but I'm concerned about his defense though. He can be little vulnerable at times. I think him playing with petty and Jones will open up whole new level of game for them and I wouldn't be shocked if we averages 80 to 95 points a game with those players.

He looks athletic enough to play D, is it that he just hasn't been taught ? Or what ?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I saw Lewis play once (so take this info with a grain of salt) and was very impressed. It was against a decent but less talented opponent so he dominated with 30+ points and sat out much of the second half. He could easily have had 50 or more points in that game. He was a very smooth but explosive athlete that scored any way he wanted. His shooting was very good and he could drive in the lane and finish at the basket. Again, that was against an opponent (Westminster Christian) that wasn't as talented as Hazel Green. If the rumors are true about Butler then I think Lewis is the starting PG as soon as he steps foot on campus, however, I don't think he is going to come in and do what Colin did last season. I expect him to struggle a bit early on while he adjusts to college and playing against bigger, better athletes. I think that is one reason why most kids from the state of Alabama don't do as well early on because the level of competition in basketball in this state is not that great (opposite of football). Please AAU ball doesn't prepare kids to play defense which he will have to do in college. But I think with some development and experience he has all the tools to be a future NBA player.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Is Lewis too young (physically) to make a splash this season? I can't find his age but was told he is 17 years old. May not be much of an issue but I can only wonder at this point.

He may get taller and should definitely get stronger over the next couple of years.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Is Lewis too young (physically) to make a splash this season? I can't find his age but was told he is 17 years old. May not be much of an issue but I can only wonder at this point.

He may get taller and should definitely get stronger over the next couple of years.
Nope. Hell be fine. There are 16 years old boys that can make 22 years old look bad

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
We lost Butler. He was granted an unconditional release and will transfer to Baylor. No reason was given but there have been rumors about a health/injury issue.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.