2018-19 Roster

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'll keep this updated if anything changes. At the moment here is the roster for the 2018-19 season:

1) AJjr (PG) - RSr
2) Norris (SF/PF) - RSr
3) Hall (C/PF) - Sr
4) Giddens (C) - RJr
5) Ingram (SF/PG/SG) - RJr
6) Mack (SF/SG) - RSo
7) Reese (PF) - So
8) Smith (PF/C) - So
9) Petty (SG/SF) - So
10) Jones (SG/SF) - So
11) Wood (SG/SF) - Fr
12) Fleming (PF/C) - Fr
13) Kira Lewis (PG/SG) - Fr

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Thanks, this is helpful. I think we'll have a more balanced lineup next year. I think we'll be able to score for every position which will make us much better than this year. Scoring has always been our weakness thru the last 20 years and having more scorers must be a priority. I think Petty may show out next year, and don't forget about Tevon Mack who was Texas's leading scorer before he transferred. If we can have a consistent inside presence, I think we'll be much better overall.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I would not be surprised to see a day 1 starting lineup of Butler, Petty, Jones, Mack, and Hall. That would be potentially the most athletic lineup that we've put on the floor in a long time.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we'll see Butler (PG), Ingram (SG) Petty (SF) Norris (PF) and Hall (C)

We have multiple players that can start at SG, SF, PF So, I don't think it really matter who starts... This is very balanced roster. I just don't think Norris or Ingram will come off the bench... they both have experience.

Look at Golden State.. They started Iggy at PG because of his defensive skill and his experience. I think Avery is going to use a lineup that can play defense, and can shoot ball.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
If Mack can shoot the ball as claimed then I think he has to replace Ingram as a starter. Norris vs. Jones - I could go either way. They both bring something a little different, so perhaps it depends on the matchup.

We have multiple players that can start at SG, SF, PF So, I don't think it really matter who starts... This is very balanced roster.
Agree.

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

We have multiple players that can start at SG, SF, PF So, I don't think it really matter who starts... This is very balanced roster. I just don't think Norris or Ingram will come off the bench... they both have experience.

Look at Golden State.. They started Iggy at PG because of his defensive skill and his experience. I think Avery is going to use a lineup that can play defense, and can shoot ball.
Bit of a stretch to call Norris a power forward.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Jones is already being projected as a 1st round NBA draft pick next year so if he does progress that quickly there is no way he doesn't start next year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If Mack can shoot the ball as claimed then I think he has to replace Ingram as a starter. Norris vs. Jones - I could go either way. They both bring something a little different, so perhaps it depends on the matchup.

Agree.
Someone has to provide scoring off the bench. We might see both starting at times.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jones is already being projected as a 1st round NBA draft pick next year so if he does progress that quickly there is no way he doesn't start next year.
Doesn't matter if Jones starts or not, as long he contributes on court with his defense..... we won't see Jones starting full time.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
It appears Bama had a signing class ranked somewhere around 50. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of freshmen contributing.

What new faces should contribute this year?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I expect Butler to be the starting PG and Fleming should contribute a few minutes each game. Wood is a bit of a mystery since he played at a 1A school. He may come in and be ready to contribute right away or he may require a redshirt before he is ready.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It appears Bama had a signing class ranked somewhere around 50. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of freshmen contributing.

What service did you check for that ranking?

247Composite has Alabama ranked 45 but only because of the total score of 48.95. Alabama could only sign 3 players this class. Butler is the #15 PG in the nation.

The average player rating for Alabama's class is 91.13, which is better than Rutgers (#44), Harvard (#39), Cal (#36), Arkansas (#32), Memphis (#29), and Illinois (#23).

IOW, Avery signed a solid class. It's just smaller because of the numbers. Javian Fleming is the lowest rated player of the three, and he's ranked #252 in the nation.

What new faces should contribute this year?
Butler is expected to either start or be in the PG rotation.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
What service did you check for that ranking?
247Composite has Alabama ranked 45 but only because of the total score of 48.95. Alabama could only sign 3 players this class. Butler is the #15 PG in the nation.

The average player rating for Alabama's class is 91.13, which is better than Rutgers (#44), Harvard (#39), Cal (#36), Arkansas (#32), Memphis (#29), and Illinois (#23).

IOW, Avery signed a solid class. It's just smaller because of the numbers. Javian Fleming is the lowest rated player of the three, and he's ranked #252 in the nation.

Butler is expected to either start or be in the PG rotation.

Are class ranking points deducted for unexpected (not to say unwelcome!) returnees?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.