BDS Regular Season Games - Questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Suspended

Re: BDS Regular Season Games - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    2. Avoid early September games if possible. Can be very hot.
    This is an understatement.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Iíve sat in the zone a time or two. I have a little bit difference of opinion about those tickets. You can dress them up with all the extras you want but no matter how you look at it those are end zone seats. Iím not sure how it compares price wise but I would rather spend the money on better lower bowl seats nearer the 50. You may like the extras but I would rather have a better viewpoint of the game. Again, Iím not sure how the price compares with the two seat options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    I’ve sat in the zone a time or two. I have a little bit difference of opinion about those tickets. You can dress them up with all the extras you want but no matter how you look at it those are end zone seats. I’m not sure how it compares price wise but I would rather spend the money on better lower bowl seats nearer the 50. You may like the extras but I would rather have a better viewpoint of the game. Again, I’m not sure how the price compares with the two seat options.

I generally don't mind the end zone view that much. You can see the splits, the interior of the pocket, the route trees, and the defensive coverages easier from there than from the sideline. It is often more difficult to tell yardage gained on, especially, shorter running and passing plays, though. It reminds me a bit of watching coaches' film.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    I generally don't mind the end zone view that much. You can see the splits, the interior of the pocket, the route trees, and the defensive coverages easier from there than from the sideline. It is often more difficult to tell yardage gained on, especially, shorter running and passing plays, though. It reminds me a bit of watching coaches' film.
    Agree completely. Last game I went to was the aTm game at BDS where we curb-stomped them. Had end zone seats - which I wasnít very excited about. However what I noticed is that you have an excellent view of the game. As mentioned, the QB pocket is clearly seen. You see WRs get open (or not), OL blocking is clearly seen, etc. I really liked it and may, in fact, prefer it.

It IS a bummer when action happens at the opposite goal line though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Agree completely. Last game I went to was the aTm game at BDS where we curb-stomped them. Had end zone seats - which I wasnít very excited about. However what I noticed is that you have an excellent view of the game. As mentioned, the QB pocket is clearly seen. You see WRs get open (or not), OL blocking is clearly seen, etc. I really liked it and may, in fact, prefer it.

It IS a bummer when action happens at the opposite goal line though.

It is a very different experience. You can get away from "following the ball" and watch the entire field. You get a much greater sense of the game. And I don't have a problem figuring out yards gained on a play if I pay attention to exactly where the ball is spotted before each snap.

A huge advantage to the Zone seats is the seat back. I have lower back problems and bench seating becomes a problem for me after a few hours.

Anyone know if they will be selling beer in the Zones this year? Sounds like the SEC was considering it.

They might be...but the Zone has "liquor lockers." Whomever's seats you have has a locker that you can stock with liquor the day before the game. You go get your free "mixers" and you're off!!!You'll have to check the availability though. It may only be the "owner" of the seats that has access to the locker. It's a great feature though...
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It is a very different experience. You can get away from "following the ball" and watch the entire field. You get a much greater sense of the game. And I don't have a problem figuring out yards gained on a play if I pay attention to exactly where the ball is spotted before each snap.

A huge advantage to the Zone seats is the seat back. I have lower back problems and bench seating becomes a problem for me after a few hours.

Anyone know if they will be selling beer in the Zones this year? Sounds like the SEC was considering it.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    WARNING: Hotel prices in Tuscaloosa for game weekends are shocking. Be prepared. Have a portable defibrillator handy.
    Weíve done AirBnB 2x. First was parents weekend, which is always on a non conference game, and since Bama has so many out of state students, is a tough hotel find. The second was this past A day weekend. I recommend going that route.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I was there for the epic 2012 game when TAMU came to town. I think it was the best pregame atmosphere I've ever seen in BDS. This one was played in November the week after the epic LSU win in BR. Now the game falls earlier in the schedule.

Johnny Football won the Heisman that day, but we got the big prize at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73hKMz4vkI

It felt that way on TV, too.

There are two games - unfortunately both losses - where it was like you could FEEL the vibe coming through the TV screen as if you were in the stadium. The first was the 2010 Iron Bowl - all through the first half and halftime, you could literally feel the emotion of the Tide fans.....indeed, you could even feel it collapsing PRIOR to the Newton TD bomb over an injured Barron that got them back in the game.

The 2012 ATM game was a fervor like I've always wanted to experience but never seen. My dang break room at work was feeling it - and you just wondered if you were imagining it. But it stayed through the whole game. Indeed that electricity is why I got that game on High Def DVD from a friend even though we lost.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

September is hit or miss in T-Town. I went to the 2014 Florida game played on September 20. It was 88 degrees at kickoff but the "heat index"
    was actually a COOLER temperature than that and there was an 8-9 mph wind. It was a perfect day for football.

By contrast, I went to the 2016 WKU game and was under the west side awning with a temperature of 93 degrees (index of 96) at kickoff
    and struggled to get through the game because I'm susceptible to heat stroke. (The game was on 9/10). Last year, I went to the
    Fresno St game and left at halftime (temp was 84 on 9/9) because it was even worse. Lowest temp and not highest heat index - yet worse.

One other bit of advice I can give you from someone who has attended 15 Alabama games at BDS - your tickets are the LEAST of your worries.
    I mean that sincerely. Tickets - with obvious exceptions like the 2011 LSU game - are the least of your problems. That sounds contrary to
    reality, but it is true. I paid more for tickets on StubHub to the 2015 LSU game than it would have cost me via a scalper outside the stadium.
    Granted, it was only $30 but I had four tickets and that adds up. (I'm NOT telling you to use a scalper but the legal ones have a little black
    band thing that identifies them as legit). There is safety in knowing that StubHub will come through.

Your BIGGEST worries are:
    a) a hotel room (they're an arm and a leg close to T-Town so book now - you likely will want to stay about 60-70 miles outside of T-Town from
    the general direction you're coming
    b) getting there on time

I'm serious. Tickets can be had.

As far as StubHub (which I've used since 2012).......in general, the tickets will MASSIVELY drop after the first game of the year. In 2012, pre-season tickets for the Iron Bowl were over $400 per seat. Keep in mind that we had killed Auburn in the 2011 game. I paid a little over $100 on the Sunday night before the actual game, and it would have been less but I bought a single ticket and they cost more most of the time. I monitor StubHub about once a week for Tide tickets.

The one catch if you're going to the ATM game is that they play Clemson on 9/8. I think this will matter LESS than if they played, say, Georgia and were going to be up against it the rest of the year for the SEC title. I was at the 2016 ATM game where Eddie Jackson got hurt and their fans lined the back of our section and the north end zone and cheered pretty much until Allen returned the fumble for the TD. So the drop won't be quite as drastic as it was for LSU when they lost to Troy (but went back up after they beat Auburn).

Right now - as of today - your cheapest seat on StubHub is $158. If that is the route you go, I can tell you that based on the history of the two you won't get them online for less than about $125. (This includes fees btw). You can also try Bama Onine Ticket Exchange or maybe cut a deal with one of the posters over on the Ticket Swap board. (These - once again - have risk).

Keep me posted on when you go because I always make it a habit to go at least once a year. I'm planning on Auburn at the moment but we'll see.

I got my season package last year off of EBay from a guy whom I could verify.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

We used to go down to tailgait with another family on a regular basis when we lived in Bama. I never bought tickets until about an hour before the game and usually paid below face value. One time, waiting later, a man gave us 2 50 yard line tickets - gave them to me. Granted, this wasn't a LSU or Auburn game but seems like it might have been a decent out of conference game. Worse case scenario, I could always go back to the tailgait and watch on TV, but I never failed to find a reasonable ticket at a decent price.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; April 29th, 2018 at 08:14 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Here are some suggestions

1. Don't buy until the week of the game unless its the Auburn Game.
    2. Mizzou and aTm are probably going to be the best home games we will have outside of Auburn so I would try to go to one of those. Mizzou is probably going to be the cheapest because its the week before Tennessee and they wont bring a crowd
    3. GG is probably the best Upper deck seats Ive sat. Personally I believe the higher the better at BDS
    4. Visit the Quad and the Bryant Museum
    5. Like someone said avoid early September games and probably late November games that aren't Auburn
    6. parking at Central High School is a pretty good place to park
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

dont forget Miss State at home. Could be a big game. Maybe not. I can also vouch for the heat, buying the week of the game, and Central High parking...

BamaNation Third Team

This is great info. Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale?