BDS Regular Season Games - Questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: BDS Regular Season Games - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by B1GMark View Post
    This is great info. Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale?
    Talking about individual game tickets? Will be sometime this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Another question, not ticket based: Does the team do the Walk of Champions before every game like they did on A-Day? If so, when/where should we line up to get a good view of this? We saw this at A-Day, but were back in the crowd because we watched the captains at Denny Chimes just before, so couldn't line up early.
    My Niece (who is a current Freshman at Bama now) wanted the full Bama experience at the A&M game two years ago so she asked me to take her and I did. She wanted to see the Walk of Champions and be on the first row and I promised her we would. You might be waiting 2 hours but if you'll sit on the steps and wait (on the bottom of the steps) you'll be close enough to grab them if you wanted to.

We did the Bryant Museum, but had less than an hour in there (they did not advertise a later closing time, so it was empty. I need a lot more time than that so it is on the schedule. I also want to eat on the Strip after the game. Any suggestions for somewhere to eat on the strip after a game. Phil's looked good last weekend, but we didn't have time to eat there.
    Yes please plan ahead and give yourself time to go through the Museum. It is well worth it and open on gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    It felt that way on TV, too.

There are two games - unfortunately both losses - where it was like you could FEEL the vibe coming through the TV screen as if you were in the stadium. The first was the 2010 Iron Bowl - all through the first half and halftime, you could literally feel the emotion of the Tide fans.....indeed, you could even feel it collapsing PRIOR to the Newton TD bomb over an injured Barron that got them back in the game.
    When Allen scored the TD against A&M two years ago it was the loudest I ever heard BDS and I was at the 2010 Iron Bowl and the OU game we hosted too. Also the UF game when Prothro got hurt was louder too. You nailed the emotions, it was pretty chilly that day and after Mark Ingram had that fumble that seemed to go 30 yards bouncing in a straight line you just knew we might have blown our chance. Once Barron couldn't get his hand up on the TD pass (we had no idea he was hurt) we knew then the ballgame was over. Like I say, the Ingram play took the air out and then the TD catch was like getting kicked in the jewels. Never seen a game like that, it was like you could just tell it was over with.
    Last edited by 230kv_barehand; May 1st, 2018 at 07:55 AM. Reason: can't spell worth a crap today
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    My Niece (who is a current Freshman at Bama now) wanted the full Bama experience at the A&M game two years ago so she asked me to take her and I did. She wanted to see the Walk of Champions and be on the first row and I promised her we would. You might be waiting 2 hours but if you'll sit on the steps and wait (on the bottom of the steps) you'll be close enough to grab them if you wanted to.

Yes please plan ahead and give yourself time to go through the Museum. It is well worth it and open on gameday.

When Allen scored the TD against A&M two years ago it was the loudest I ever heard BDS and I was at the 2010 Iron Bowl and the OU game we hosted too. Also the UF game when Prothro got hurt was louder too. You nailed the emotions, it was pretty chilly that day and after Mark Ingram had that fumble that seemed to go 30 yards bouncing in a straight line you just knew we might have blown our chance. Once Barron couldn't get his hand up on the TD pass (we had no idea he was hurt) we knew then the ballgame was over. Like I say, the Ingram play took the air out and then the TD catch was like getting kicked in the jewels. Never seen a game like that, it was like you could just tell it was over with.

I was there and agree with this. I DO think the 2009 Rocky Block was ACTUALLY louder, but that was the loudest I've ever heard. My brother and I got caught up in it, and we even were like, "Man, have you EVER heard anything like that?"

I think I have that one on one of my videos from my seat but never posted here. I'll take a look.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

Quote Originally Posted by B1GMark View Post
    This is great info. Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale?
    The info you want is right here.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

And like has been mentioned, stay out of the East stands during the warm months. IT. CAN. BE. MISERABLE.

Try any seat in the West stands!
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    And like has been mentioned, stay out of the East stands during the warm months. IT. CAN. BE. MISERABLE.
    Try any seat in the West stands!
    Preach it, brother!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

After I thought on it for a minute, the reason I don't have any ATM videos is because I didn't take the camera to that game; my son had homecoming and I left the camera with them......which would have been great except they didn't use it.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Well, it's official - we are going to the Ark State game and the aTm game in BDS. Used Arinb to book a home for the aTm game. Really stoked.

Well, it's official - we are going to the Ark State game and the aTm game in BDS. Used Arinb to book a home for the aTm game. Really stoked.
    Great, hope you have as much fun as I used to have when I'd take my sons and nephews to games. I've gotten older and now grill and watch tv rather than go to T'town, but still have to say nothing matches game day on a college campus. Have done that scene in Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Baton Rouge, Raleigh, Clemson, Atlanta, Nashville, Sewanee, and a few other towns as well, and its always been a total blast. Probably one of the few things I miss in my current mode of TV, grilling, and drinks. Have to say though that I don't miss the long lines at concessions and restrooms, nor the sitting next too a loud, sloppy drunk though....
    Last edited by bama61; June 9th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.

BamaNation First Team

I had similar questions about attending the game in Oxford. Anyone have any advice to give? Cheapest tickets? Best route in/out? Parking?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    I had similar questions about attending the game in Oxford. Anyone have any advice to give? Cheapest tickets? Best route in/out? Parking?
    Park at the high school and bus over there.