BDS Regular Season Games - Questions

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So, my wife and I had a blast at the Alabama spring game. As a result we have decided to come down for a game this season. We have been looking at StubHub for ticket prices and availability. Based on what we see we have a few questions for those here who buy tickets from resellers for these games:

* Are we likely to see more tickets available as the season gets closer? There will likely be 4 of us for this game, so we will buy early, but don't want to buy too early and miss out on better options.
* Do Zone tickets come with access to the Zones, or does that require some other purchase?

Another question, not ticket based: Does the team do the Walk of Champions before every game like they did on A-Day? If so, when/where should we line up to get a good view of this? We saw this at A-Day, but were back in the crowd because we watched the captains at Denny Chimes just before, so couldn't line up early.

Also, do they sell locker room tours before every game the way that they did for A-Day? Some of our party were not with us at A-Day and might be interested.

Thank you in advance.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
1. Yes, there will be more tickets available as the season approaches.
2. Yes, Zone tickets come with access to the Zone interior. However, I don't know how the experience differs from the Zones at A-Day, since that's the only time I've sat in the Zones.
3. Yes, the team does the Walk of Champions before every game. Check uagameday.com for schedules after the TV times are announced. The best thing to do is evaluate the crowd at the front of the stadium an hour to an hour and a half before the walk begins to determine when you'll need to line up. If you do get tickets to the North Zone, you can get a spot on the balcony if you head up there early enough and have a great, birds-eye view of the walk. They also, I believe, have an experience upgrade you can purchase to be able to stand in a VIP area for the walk.
4. I'm not sure. I know that experience upgrades are available for the regular season games. Our favorite was watching the halftime and second half kickoff from the sidelines. We picked the Mercer game. It wasn't cheaper than the other games but it was Senior Day, so that was really cool. For some reason, I'm thinking that if they do offer the locker room tours during the regular season they may be on Friday, like the Tide Pride luncheon.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
1. Yes, there will be more tickets available as the season approaches. You'll pay more if you buy early, but you'll have that out of the way and be able to enjoy the day without ticket hunting.
2. Yes, Zone tickets come with access to the Zone interior. However, I don't know how the experience differs from the Zones at A-Day, since that's the only time I've sat in the Zones. The food is 100 times better on game day...seriously.
3. Yes, the team does the Walk of Champions before every game. Check uagameday.com for schedules after the TV times are announced. The best thing to do is evaluate the crowd at the front of the stadium an hour to an hour and a half before the walk begins to determine when you'll need to line up. If you do get tickets to the North Zone, you can get a spot on the balcony if you head up there early enough and have a great, birds-eye view of the walk. They also, I believe, have an experience upgrade you can purchase to be able to stand in a VIP area for the walk. Nailed it!
4. I'm not sure. I know that experience upgrades are available for the regular season games. Our favorite was watching the halftime and second half kickoff from the sidelines. We picked the Mercer game. It wasn't cheaper than the other games but it was Senior Day, so that was really cool. For some reason, I'm thinking that if they do offer the locker room tours during the regular season they may be on Friday, like the Tide Pride luncheon.
Thank you for your interest in touring Bryant-Denny Stadium! We look forward to giving you a behind the scenes look at an Alabama Football game day as we take you through Bryant-Denny Stadium. Our tour includes a special look at several areas including the home team locker room, recruiting room, a walk by the field and more!We offer one tour each day of the week at 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. The first 25 individuals who have purchased a ticket will be accommodated for each tour (no walkups allowed). No weekend tours are available. Tours will not be conducted on University-observed holidays, Fridays prior to home football games, or when special events prohibit.

Price

Tickets may be purchased online beginning two months prior to the desired date for $12.00 per person. A group rate of $10.00 per person is available for those buying 15 or more tickets for a single tour date.
Tickets are sold until 8:00am the day of the tour.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks guys - We are thinking of getting North Zone tickets since we did the South Zone for A-Day. Would it be better to watch the Walk of Champions from up there, or from the ground level in a VIP reserved area?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Personally....cooler from ground level...Neat to see the guys/coaches up close...Intensity in some, relaxed, musically influenced calm in others...:)
Thanks guys - We are thinking of getting North Zone tickets since we did the South Zone for A-Day. Would it be better to watch the Walk of Champions from up there, or from the ground level in a VIP reserved area?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sat in the Zone once. Tickets were given to me, so I don't know if the upcharge is worth it or not. But there is food galore....and it's very good stuff!!! Come very, very hungry!!!

I attended a Texas game in Austin with season ticket holders and sat in a section where we had access to something similar. Food heaven!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
B1G, so glad you're going back for a regular season game. If you liked the atmosphere of the spring game, you're going to love a game in the fall.

A few recommendations:

1. Pony up and get tickets for a big game if possible. Looking at the schedule, I'd recommend Sept. 22/TAMU, Oct. 13/Mizzu or Nov. 10/Miss. St. It's not the best home schedule this year but the atmosphere for a conference game is the best. I'd recommend Sept. 22 as my top choice.
2. Avoid early September games if possible. Can be very hot. May be pretty warm on Sept. 22, but it would be worth it to see that game. Maybe you'd get lucky and there would be a cool front and north breeze that day. That's about the first time T-town can expect it.
3. Get there early and take in the whole atmosphere around campus; especially the tailgating on the Quad. The sights, sounds and smells can't be matched!

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
B1G, so glad you're going back for a regular season game. If you liked the atmosphere of the spring game, you're going to love a game in the fall.

A few recommendations:

1. Pony up and get tickets for a big game if possible. Looking at the schedule, I'd recommend Sept. 22/TAMU, Oct. 13/Mizzu or Nov. 10/Miss. St. It's not the best home schedule this year but the atmosphere for a conference game is the best. I'd recommend Sept. 22 as my top choice.
2. Avoid early September games if possible. Can be very hot. May be pretty warm on Sept. 22, but it would be worth it to see that game. Maybe you'd get lucky and there would be a cool front and north breeze that day. That's about the first time T-town can expect it.
3. Get there early and take in the whole atmosphere around campus; especially the tailgating on the Quad. The sights, sounds and smells can't be matched!
Thanks - right now we are looking at the aTm game. We don't mind the heat, and it will be a weekend trip (not just there for the game).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Thanks - right now we are looking at the aTm game. We don't mind the heat, and it will be a weekend trip (not just there for the game).
I was there for the epic 2012 game when TAMU came to town. I think it was the best pregame atmosphere I've ever seen in BDS. This one was played in November the week after the epic LSU win in BR. Now the game falls earlier in the schedule.

Johnny Football won the Heisman that day, but we got the big prize at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73hKMz4vkI

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Like any big event, plan to stick around and enjoy yourself for awhile after the game. There’s plenty to see, eat and drink!! That way the initial traffic rush/crawl can thin out. If you use one of the shuttles be mindful of the latest pickup time though.
Did you go to the Bryant Musuem at during your A-Day trip? If not, you should not miss that!
Hope you have a blast!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Like any big event, plan to stick around and enjoy yourself for awhile after the game. There’s plenty to see, eat and drink!! That way the initial traffic rush/crawl can thin out. If you use one of the shuttles be mindful of the latest pickup time though.
Did you go to the Bryant Musuem at during your A-Day trip? If not, you should not miss that!
Hope you have a blast!
We did the Bryant Museum, but had less than an hour in there (they did not advertise a later closing time, so it was empty. I need a lot more time than that so it is on the schedule. I also want to eat on the Strip after the game. Any suggestions for somewhere to eat on the strip after a game. Phil's looked good last weekend, but we didn't have time to eat there.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’ve sat in the zone a time or two. I have a little bit difference of opinion about those tickets. You can dress them up with all the extras you want but no matter how you look at it those are end zone seats. I’m not sure how it compares price wise but I would rather spend the money on better lower bowl seats nearer the 50. You may like the extras but I would rather have a better viewpoint of the game. Again, I’m not sure how the price compares with the two seat options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I’ve sat in the zone a time or two. I have a little bit difference of opinion about those tickets. You can dress them up with all the extras you want but no matter how you look at it those are end zone seats. I’m not sure how it compares price wise but I would rather spend the money on better lower bowl seats nearer the 50. You may like the extras but I would rather have a better viewpoint of the game. Again, I’m not sure how the price compares with the two seat options.

I generally don't mind the end zone view that much. You can see the splits, the interior of the pocket, the route trees, and the defensive coverages easier from there than from the sideline. It is often more difficult to tell yardage gained on, especially, shorter running and passing plays, though. It reminds me a bit of watching coaches' film.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I generally don't mind the end zone view that much. You can see the splits, the interior of the pocket, the route trees, and the defensive coverages easier from there than from the sideline. It is often more difficult to tell yardage gained on, especially, shorter running and passing plays, though. It reminds me a bit of watching coaches' film.
Agree completely. Last game I went to was the aTm game at BDS where we curb-stomped them. Had end zone seats - which I wasn’t very excited about. However what I noticed is that you have an excellent view of the game. As mentioned, the QB pocket is clearly seen. You see WRs get open (or not), OL blocking is clearly seen, etc. I really liked it and may, in fact, prefer it.

It IS a bummer when action happens at the opposite goal line though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Agree completely. Last game I went to was the aTm game at BDS where we curb-stomped them. Had end zone seats - which I wasn’t very excited about. However what I noticed is that you have an excellent view of the game. As mentioned, the QB pocket is clearly seen. You see WRs get open (or not), OL blocking is clearly seen, etc. I really liked it and may, in fact, prefer it.

It IS a bummer when action happens at the opposite goal line though.

It is a very different experience. You can get away from "following the ball" and watch the entire field. You get a much greater sense of the game. And I don't have a problem figuring out yards gained on a play if I pay attention to exactly where the ball is spotted before each snap.

A huge advantage to the Zone seats is the seat back. I have lower back problems and bench seating becomes a problem for me after a few hours.

Anyone know if they will be selling beer in the Zones this year? Sounds like the SEC was considering it.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They might be...but the Zone has "liquor lockers." Whomever's seats you have has a locker that you can stock with liquor the day before the game. You go get your free "mixers" and you're off!!!You'll have to check the availability though. It may only be the "owner" of the seats that has access to the locker. It's a great feature though...
It is a very different experience. You can get away from "following the ball" and watch the entire field. You get a much greater sense of the game. And I don't have a problem figuring out yards gained on a play if I pay attention to exactly where the ball is spotted before each snap.

A huge advantage to the Zone seats is the seat back. I have lower back problems and bench seating becomes a problem for me after a few hours.

Anyone know if they will be selling beer in the Zones this year? Sounds like the SEC was considering it.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
WARNING: Hotel prices in Tuscaloosa for game weekends are shocking. Be prepared. Have a portable defibrillator handy.
We’ve done AirBnB 2x. First was parents weekend, which is always on a non conference game, and since Bama has so many out of state students, is a tough hotel find. The second was this past A day weekend. I recommend going that route.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.