BDS Regular Season Games - Questions

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I was there for the epic 2012 game when TAMU came to town. I think it was the best pregame atmosphere I've ever seen in BDS. This one was played in November the week after the epic LSU win in BR. Now the game falls earlier in the schedule.

Johnny Football won the Heisman that day, but we got the big prize at the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73hKMz4vkI

It felt that way on TV, too.

There are two games - unfortunately both losses - where it was like you could FEEL the vibe coming through the TV screen as if you were in the stadium. The first was the 2010 Iron Bowl - all through the first half and halftime, you could literally feel the emotion of the Tide fans.....indeed, you could even feel it collapsing PRIOR to the Newton TD bomb over an injured Barron that got them back in the game.

The 2012 ATM game was a fervor like I've always wanted to experience but never seen. My dang break room at work was feeling it - and you just wondered if you were imagining it. But it stayed through the whole game. Indeed that electricity is why I got that game on High Def DVD from a friend even though we lost.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
September is hit or miss in T-Town. I went to the 2014 Florida game played on September 20. It was 88 degrees at kickoff but the "heat index"
was actually a COOLER temperature than that and there was an 8-9 mph wind. It was a perfect day for football.

By contrast, I went to the 2016 WKU game and was under the west side awning with a temperature of 93 degrees (index of 96) at kickoff
and struggled to get through the game because I'm susceptible to heat stroke. (The game was on 9/10). Last year, I went to the
Fresno St game and left at halftime (temp was 84 on 9/9) because it was even worse. Lowest temp and not highest heat index - yet worse.

One other bit of advice I can give you from someone who has attended 15 Alabama games at BDS - your tickets are the LEAST of your worries.
I mean that sincerely. Tickets - with obvious exceptions like the 2011 LSU game - are the least of your problems. That sounds contrary to
reality, but it is true. I paid more for tickets on StubHub to the 2015 LSU game than it would have cost me via a scalper outside the stadium.
Granted, it was only $30 but I had four tickets and that adds up. (I'm NOT telling you to use a scalper but the legal ones have a little black
band thing that identifies them as legit). There is safety in knowing that StubHub will come through.

Your BIGGEST worries are:
a) a hotel room (they're an arm and a leg close to T-Town so book now - you likely will want to stay about 60-70 miles outside of T-Town from
the general direction you're coming
b) getting there on time

I'm serious. Tickets can be had.

As far as StubHub (which I've used since 2012).......in general, the tickets will MASSIVELY drop after the first game of the year. In 2012, pre-season tickets for the Iron Bowl were over $400 per seat. Keep in mind that we had killed Auburn in the 2011 game. I paid a little over $100 on the Sunday night before the actual game, and it would have been less but I bought a single ticket and they cost more most of the time. I monitor StubHub about once a week for Tide tickets.

The one catch if you're going to the ATM game is that they play Clemson on 9/8. I think this will matter LESS than if they played, say, Georgia and were going to be up against it the rest of the year for the SEC title. I was at the 2016 ATM game where Eddie Jackson got hurt and their fans lined the back of our section and the north end zone and cheered pretty much until Allen returned the fumble for the TD. So the drop won't be quite as drastic as it was for LSU when they lost to Troy (but went back up after they beat Auburn).

Right now - as of today - your cheapest seat on StubHub is $158. If that is the route you go, I can tell you that based on the history of the two you won't get them online for less than about $125. (This includes fees btw). You can also try Bama Onine Ticket Exchange or maybe cut a deal with one of the posters over on the Ticket Swap board. (These - once again - have risk).

Keep me posted on when you go because I always make it a habit to go at least once a year. I'm planning on Auburn at the moment but we'll see.

I got my season package last year off of EBay from a guy whom I could verify.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We used to go down to tailgait with another family on a regular basis when we lived in Bama. I never bought tickets until about an hour before the game and usually paid below face value. One time, waiting later, a man gave us 2 50 yard line tickets - gave them to me. Granted, this wasn't a LSU or Auburn game but seems like it might have been a decent out of conference game. Worse case scenario, I could always go back to the tailgait and watch on TV, but I never failed to find a reasonable ticket at a decent price.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Here are some suggestions

1. Don't buy until the week of the game unless its the Auburn Game.
2. Mizzou and aTm are probably going to be the best home games we will have outside of Auburn so I would try to go to one of those. Mizzou is probably going to be the cheapest because its the week before Tennessee and they wont bring a crowd
3. GG is probably the best Upper deck seats Ive sat. Personally I believe the higher the better at BDS
4. Visit the Quad and the Bryant Museum
5. Like someone said avoid early September games and probably late November games that aren't Auburn
6. parking at Central High School is a pretty good place to park

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Another question, not ticket based: Does the team do the Walk of Champions before every game like they did on A-Day? If so, when/where should we line up to get a good view of this? We saw this at A-Day, but were back in the crowd because we watched the captains at Denny Chimes just before, so couldn't line up early.
My Niece (who is a current Freshman at Bama now) wanted the full Bama experience at the A&M game two years ago so she asked me to take her and I did. She wanted to see the Walk of Champions and be on the first row and I promised her we would. You might be waiting 2 hours but if you'll sit on the steps and wait (on the bottom of the steps) you'll be close enough to grab them if you wanted to.

We did the Bryant Museum, but had less than an hour in there (they did not advertise a later closing time, so it was empty. I need a lot more time than that so it is on the schedule. I also want to eat on the Strip after the game. Any suggestions for somewhere to eat on the strip after a game. Phil's looked good last weekend, but we didn't have time to eat there.
Yes please plan ahead and give yourself time to go through the Museum. It is well worth it and open on gameday.

It felt that way on TV, too.

There are two games - unfortunately both losses - where it was like you could FEEL the vibe coming through the TV screen as if you were in the stadium. The first was the 2010 Iron Bowl - all through the first half and halftime, you could literally feel the emotion of the Tide fans.....indeed, you could even feel it collapsing PRIOR to the Newton TD bomb over an injured Barron that got them back in the game.
When Allen scored the TD against A&M two years ago it was the loudest I ever heard BDS and I was at the 2010 Iron Bowl and the OU game we hosted too. Also the UF game when Prothro got hurt was louder too. You nailed the emotions, it was pretty chilly that day and after Mark Ingram had that fumble that seemed to go 30 yards bouncing in a straight line you just knew we might have blown our chance. Once Barron couldn't get his hand up on the TD pass (we had no idea he was hurt) we knew then the ballgame was over. Like I say, the Ingram play took the air out and then the TD catch was like getting kicked in the jewels. Never seen a game like that, it was like you could just tell it was over with.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My Niece (who is a current Freshman at Bama now) wanted the full Bama experience at the A&M game two years ago so she asked me to take her and I did. She wanted to see the Walk of Champions and be on the first row and I promised her we would. You might be waiting 2 hours but if you'll sit on the steps and wait (on the bottom of the steps) you'll be close enough to grab them if you wanted to.

Yes please plan ahead and give yourself time to go through the Museum. It is well worth it and open on gameday.

When Allen scored the TD against A&M two years ago it was the loudest I ever heard BDS and I was at the 2010 Iron Bowl and the OU game we hosted too. Also the UF game when Prothro got hurt was louder too. You nailed the emotions, it was pretty chilly that day and after Mark Ingram had that fumble that seemed to go 30 yards bouncing in a straight line you just knew we might have blown our chance. Once Barron couldn't get his hand up on the TD pass (we had no idea he was hurt) we knew then the ballgame was over. Like I say, the Ingram play took the air out and then the TD catch was like getting kicked in the jewels. Never seen a game like that, it was like you could just tell it was over with.

I was there and agree with this. I DO think the 2009 Rocky Block was ACTUALLY louder, but that was the loudest I've ever heard. My brother and I got caught up in it, and we even were like, "Man, have you EVER heard anything like that?"

I think I have that one on one of my videos from my seat but never posted here. I'll take a look.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
And like has been mentioned, stay out of the East stands during the warm months. IT. CAN. BE. MISERABLE.:wink:

Try any seat in the West stands!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
After I thought on it for a minute, the reason I don't have any ATM videos is because I didn't take the camera to that game; my son had homecoming and I left the camera with them......which would have been great except they didn't use it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, it's official - we are going to the Ark State game and the aTm game in BDS. Used Arinb to book a home for the aTm game. Really stoked.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Well, it's official - we are going to the Ark State game and the aTm game in BDS. Used Arinb to book a home for the aTm game. Really stoked.
Great, hope you have as much fun as I used to have when I'd take my sons and nephews to games. I've gotten older and now grill and watch tv rather than go to T'town, but still have to say nothing matches game day on a college campus. Have done that scene in Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Baton Rouge, Raleigh, Clemson, Atlanta, Nashville, Sewanee, and a few other towns as well, and its always been a total blast. Probably one of the few things I miss in my current mode of TV, grilling, and drinks. Have to say though that I don't miss the long lines at concessions and restrooms, nor the sitting next too a loud, sloppy drunk though....

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.