wow what a draft

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
12 picks and the next team was at 7. You can't buy that kind of publicity for your program. If Jalen was able to distribute the ball like a qb Foster woud've gotten drafted and Ridley would've gotten drafted higher. Tony Brown going to the chargers is good. Tony is one of those rare players that have all world potential but lack the maturity to Handle the rest. IMO he needs to be a safety. He will be a long time special teams playmaker is his floor. On players that could have better pro careers Josh Frazier got drafted after playing sparingly for numerous years. That speaks volumes about how teams view our players. Saban has this machine going and it is only getting better. Our WR #'s will triple in 2 years especially with Tua and the influx of talented QB's.

I should be on a little more. had ankle surgery so I'm laid up until I get the second surgery.

Last edited:

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
For a fan, how does it get any better?
Five championships in nine years.
A top recruiting class every year.
Double-digit players, some not even starters, being drafted almost every year.
This is almost a perpetual-motion machine!
Trust the process...and enjoy the ride!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..We're witnessing the greatest run in college football history & the craziest part of it.."The Process" is far from being over & the best is yet to come..Georgia will be the next team to challenge us & will be put down like the others have been..

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Wonderful.
Minkah saying his hand was cramping up from the rings was something you can't buy from a recruiting standpoint.
Calvin to the Falcons is honestly a dream come true for everyone but their opposition. Could go on and on. UA loading Redskins front 7. A guy getting drafted who was never a regular starter. I wonder if that has ever happened???

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
A guy getting drafted who was never a regular starter. I wonder if that has ever happened???
I’m pretty sure there was a second-string USC QB drafted once. I forget who it was. Might have gone to the Patriots.

EDIT: it was Matt Cassel. This is from his Wikipedia page ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Cassel)

According to ESPN research, he is the only known quarterback in NFL history to start an NFL game at quarterback without ever starting as a quarterback in college.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Now that you mentioned, I'm curious to see what Frazier will do. I thought it was funny he got drafted when there's not much tape on him.
It helped that Karl Dunbar was named the Steelers new DL coach. Frazier is a big body and was one of the strongest players on the team. He has a chance to be a situational player.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Wonderful.
A guy getting drafted who was never a regular starter. I wonder if that has ever happened???
We've had quite a few rotation players get drafted over the years. most recently on the DL we had Quinton Dial and DJ Pettway. As productive as Tim Williams was, he was not a starter in the 3-4 front or our base nickel package. Going a bit further back, marquis johnson was the 3rd corner in nickel and got drafted (although he did actually start a lot of games since we run so much nickel).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Trust me. Coming from someone who's watched Alabama football since '58, these are indeed halcyon days. We may never see their like again. I know I won't.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Trust me. Coming from someone who's watched Alabama football since '58, these are indeed halcyon days. We may never see their like again. I know I won't.
Looks like we share the same era of Alabama Football. Our halcyon days are in the rear view mirror but we can still appreciate those lived by the current members of the Crimson Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.