Great read: Will UT Vols ever beat an SEC West team in football again?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
They won't beat an SEC West opponent in 2018. It's possible they may win one in 2019 since they play MSU at Knoxville. If the MSU program declines without Mullen it's possible they could win that one. In 2020 they play at Arkansas which they could win depending on how bad Arkansas is.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Tennessee’s longest active losing streak is against the Tide. It began in coach Nick Saban’s first season (2007) and has grown to 11 games.

Six of those losses have been by 31 or more points.

Good ol' Rocky Top, Wooo! Hehehehe. Hey Vols!! Karma don't play around, does she????

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
It really has to sting knowing that Fulmer’s underhanded dealings in the long run contributed to us making the greatest run in the history of the sport...and during which we have reduced the Vols to a doormat.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
OK. First, I hope they never win another game, even if they are playing Auburn. My hate for Tennessee is extreme (as a team, school, overall fan base, but not the individual members thereof). That said, it is a ridiculous question. Of course they will eventually beat a West team. The longer it takes for that to happen, the more ok I am with that.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We're their West matchup besides the TSIO this year. Dunno how good we or they will be yet, but I've got it pencilled in as a win for us as of now.
I've got it penciled in as win to. Because each season where you two play each other I put on my prayer list that God would drop a stadium full of feces (elephant dung specifically, but any dung will do) during the game and drown all of y'all......"in Jesus name" of course. :wink: RTR

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I've got it penciled in as win to. Because each season where you two play each other I put on my prayer list that God would drop a stadium full of feces (elephant dung specifically, but any dung will do) during the game and drown all of y'all......"in Jesus name" of course. :wink: RTR
How Christian-like of you. Seriously, though, you adding the " 'In Jesus name' of course" made me burst out laughing in my office.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
How Christian-like of you. Seriously, though, you adding the " 'In Jesus name' of course" made me burst out laughing in my office.
The B.I.B.L.E does say in John 14:13-14

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
:smile:

Last edited:

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
OK. First, I hope they never win another game, even if they are playing Auburn. My hate for Tennessee is extreme (as a team, school, overall fan base, but not the individual members thereof). That said, it is a ridiculous question. Of course they will eventually beat a West team. The longer it takes for that to happen, the more ok I am with that.
This ^^^

Frankly, it wouldn't break my heart if UcheaT went winless in all sports for the next 200 years. That said, obviously, John Adams was having some fun the the viles' expense in that article..... and I loved every minute of it.

From Alabama's standpoint, probably the best thing that could happen is for Pruitt to get them up around 8 wins a year while still losing every game to us, then get hired away by a better program after the first 3-4 years. Maybe some school like Colorado, or Rutgers, or Maryland, etc..... then get that school up to a consistent 11+ wins per season for the next 3-4 years..... At which point, perhaps "Mama" might call? ;)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It really has to sting knowing that Fulmer’s underhanded dealings in the long run contributed to us making the greatest run in the history of the sport...and during which we have reduced the Vols to a doormat.
Exactly..When you define the word "irony" all you need is a pic of Phat Phil by the word..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.