Dallas Warmack leaving Tide Program

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
How many spots will we have for this upcoming class? After the smaller class in 2018, it seems like we have a lot of room.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It doesn't surprise me at all that so few 2015 class guys are around. This number is usually small for every true senior class. 4-6 will go pro early, 6-10 will transfer, then you have the rest of the class.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
How big is this loss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a solid player, but with Oregon being a likely destination according to the article and his reduction in playing time it's a likely assumption that he is more in line with Cristobal's teachings than that of the current regime.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It doesn't surprise me at all that so few 2015 class guys are around. This number is usually small for every true senior class. 4-6 will go pro early, 6-10 will transfer, then you have the rest of the class.
Especially since they’ve won 2 NCs. I respect that they want playing time now

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How many spots will we have for this upcoming class? After the smaller class in 2018, it seems like we have a lot of room.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
From what I can tell, Alabama has 85 scholarship players for the 2018 season. Keith Holcombe could change that; he could be on the Bryant Scholarship or stay with the baseball team and not return.

There are 13 seniors and at least four juniors that could go pro early.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
we also had Flowers in this class with the weird eligibility issue and Christian Bell, who 'greyshirted, then kinda showed up for practice and then left. Add taylor and the class got small before they ever really hit the field in the fall.

That said, I always felt like this class was really two groups instead of one. Guys like Fitz, harrison, harris, Payne and Ridley along with some others who you could tell were just going to work and doing their thing, and then another group around Barnett that just seemed, for lack of a better word, entitled. These guys bolted after a little more than a year (or less) and likely would have been contributors had they not gone. Sheffield likely would have been starting at CB, at least in nickel, Burgess-Becker would have had a shot, and Thomas certainly would have been in the mix considering the injuries we had last year at ILB, but they just didn't seem to embrace the 'next man up mentality' and understand they don't have to be 3-4 years starters to get drafted. Evans started ONE year with a lot of good rotational roles earlier, and just got picked in round one. some folks just don't see that bigger picture.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It seems recruiting/playing time/transfers as a whole has flipped completely from just 20-30 years ago.

Today freshmen come in ready and expecting to play and, in CNS's tenure, we can usually expect 5-10 new impact guys a year. A few who realize they need it, will agree to a redshirt, but when these young guys don't see the field by their redshirt freshman or soph. year, we usually won't hear from them because they didn't develop or they transfer.

Years ago, it was right the opposite. At one time freshman couldn't even play, but even after the rule was changed and they could, they arrived on campus not ready to compete so a redshirt year was almost mandatory. Even then, a redshirt freshman rarely was heard from. The backbone of a team in those days usually was the sophs, jrs. and srs.

Almost seems it's right the opposite today because the the readiness of true freshman and their expectation to make an immediate impact. When is the last time we've had a player "bloom" and become a star after patiently biding their time in the program for 3 or 4 years after redshirting???

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He's a solid player, but with Oregon being a likely destination according to the article and his reduction in playing time it's a likely assumption that he is more in line with Cristobal's teachings than that of the current regime.
If he wants to play like Cristobal coaches, then by all means, go to Oregon. Cristobal is a solid recruiter but goodness... as a coach...

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
For offensive linemen it probably makes sense. You don't rotate offensive linemen like you do defensive linemen. He probably has enough talent to get drafted, we are just loaded this year. Injuries do happen so he may have gotten a shot but if he wants to get drafted he needs to show off his skills as a starter. This says a lot about our talent when that guy can't start here. I wish him the best and thanks for Rolling with the Tide.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Purely speculative, but these kind of things normally mean the player realizes he's been passed by with younger and/or incoming talent. Can't blame a player for wanting to play.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
It seems recruiting/playing time/transfers as a whole has flipped completely from just 20-30 years ago.

Today freshmen come in ready and expecting to play and, in CNS's tenure, we can usually expect 5-10 new impact guys a year. A few who realize they need it, will agree to a redshirt, but when these young guys don't see the field by their redshirt freshman or soph. year, we usually won't hear from them because they didn't develop or they transfer.

Years ago, it was right the opposite. At one time freshman couldn't even play, but even after the rule was changed and they could, they arrived on campus not ready to compete so a redshirt year was almost mandatory. Even then, a redshirt freshman rarely was heard from. The backbone of a team in those days usually was the sophs, jrs. and srs.

Almost seems it's right the opposite today because the the readiness of true freshman and their expectation to make an immediate impact. When is the last time we've had a player "bloom" and become a star after patiently biding their time in the program for 3 or 4 years after redshirting???
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but Levi Wallace certainly bloomed over the course of his time at Alabama.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
We also had players like Eryk Anders, Rashaad Johnson, and Hootie who didn't start until their later years....
Very true. I do think those guys came in with some expectations and finally reached them. Levi is one where I saw him on the field and had to ask "who?" followed by "oh man, we are in trouble if this walkon is starting." Boy, was I wrong about him. He really impressed me last year.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Purely speculative, but these kind of things normally mean the player realizes he's been passed by with younger and/or incoming talent. Can't blame a player for wanting to play.
This is helpful. Some of these guys just want to play - it may not even be an attempt to jump in the limelight but a desire to get their jerseys dirty on Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.