Off Season Question: Will Bama Pull the Rare 3-Peat???

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You are really distorting things. I did not say that the 13 team was "subpar", I accurately stated that they were the 2nd worst team, record wise, since Saban started his run in 2008. I was making a point. One which has gone past you.
You take selective numbers and make them say what you want. You say that CNS's Bama is 0-4, 0-3 since he got it rolling in 2008, vs AU 9 win teams, but you ignore that he is 4-0 vs 8 win AU teams. Btw, those 8 win teams would have been 9 win teams or possibly greater if they had beaten Bama. We simply have drawn very different conclusions re: this issue. I see what you are saying but I disagree with your conclusions.

I would say more, but we are just talking past each other now. Neither will change the others' mind.
That’s still ignoring that the 2013 team had CNS’s best offensive production and still had a top 3 defense

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Very, very few on here called the iron bowl loss last season in advance after predicting victory in all of the other games. I was one of them. In retrospect, it was really not that hard to predict if you followed both teams’ trajectory and the play of Jalen Hurts. I will say this though—with the expected change at qb this fall I can see Saban finally getting the “cant beat a good Auburn team” monkey off his back this year. Until he does though, it’s going to continue to be talked about. And those of you that don’t like better just get used to it. It is what it is.

Btw I believe Saban is currently 7-4 vs the barn since coming to Bama.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Very, very few on here called the iron bowl loss last season in advance after predicting victory in all of the other games. I was one of them. In retrospect, it was really not that hard to predict if you followed both teams’ trajectory and the play of Jalen Hurts. I will say this though—with the expected change at qb this fall I can see Saban finally getting the “cant beat a good Auburn team” monkey off his back this year. Until he does though, it’s going to continue to be talked about. And those of you that don’t like better just get used to it. It is what it is.

Btw I believe Saban is currently 7-4 vs the barn since coming to Bama.
Oh, he's already gotten the "can't beat a good AU team monkey off of his back" since he's beaten 4 "good" AU teams each of whom won 8 games, would have been 9 if they could have "gotten over the hump" vs Bama :). Bama is 7-3 vs AU in the last 10, that is since Saban got the ball rolling.

Congrats on calling the AU win. Bama almost overcame the defensive injuries and the QB play, as they were leading with 3 minutes til the 4th qtr, but they couldn't do it and looked bad at the end - the O most of the game. Too bad this game couldn't have developed like UGA where Bama looked in deep trouble at the half, maybe CNS would have made the QB switch. But it was tough to do in that situation with the lead that late. Then Bama made 2 10+ play, 40+ yard drives in the 4th, but they just petered out. It was very frustrating. But it was not voodoo - it was a good team, that played an injured, struggling team. What do you know - they won. They could have had A&M, LSU or MSU on their jerseys and they would have likely won.

I was one of the Bama cheerleaders before the game. I said, they were the more talented, better coached team and should therefore win. I never said nor implied that they were invincible. I was wrong thinking that they would win - only the 3rd time in the last 10 years. I don't think I was wrong to think they should win before the game. OTOH, it was not wrong for anyone to think that AU should win - it was clear before the game that they were capable of winning, as they proved. Quite frankly, most years there are 6-8 games, counting post season, that Bama could lose. To their credit they rarely do. With as relatively easy as this years' schedule is, IMO, A&M, LSU, MSU, AU, and the 3 potential post season games are all losable. Could end up being more. I say that as a happy member of the sunshine pumpers who genuinely and realistically think that the odds are that Bama will not only win the NC, but go undefeated. Typical year for me :).

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.