Football Brand Rankings

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm confused. If the idea is to determine "brand ranking" by recruits (not by established standards for ranking brands), then wouldn't they simply look to see where most recruits want to play football? Wouldn't we want to see where the best recruits actually end up playing football?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I need to give this a closer look but I have a feeling there are quite a few flaws in how they did this. Regardless, it's pretty funny that Alabama would be ranked that low.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Obviously these guys have ties to UCLA and Clemson. They did a scale on which school turns players to pros and UCLA has the highest percentage at 56%. Not sure how they determine a miss. Anyone want to join me in making a blog? We can call it Six Pick.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Like the Peoples National Championship invented by a fifteen year old Barner...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is a pretty weak analysis really. If you want to see how off kilter they can be, just follow the link at the bottom (about turning players into pros).

It goes into detail about how Alabama doesn't necessarily turn top talent into draft picks... well we know the data says otherwise when you consider top tier talent, in fact we know Saban is the best at that, but they use ambiguous and misleading data to come to that conclusion like: "If he transferred out at any time it counts as a "miss," unless he returned." (should not count as a miss, should just be removed), or "College transfers into a program were not included.", alrighty then, so depart and that counts against you, but if they come in they don't count. Finally, "Undrafted free agents are not draft picks.", well we know that... but they are counting them as misses. So for instance, if a former Alabama is undrafted but goes on to start in the NFL (I'm thinking of an actual player), that is a miss. Finally, their analysis "proving" Saban doesn't really do a better job of turning players into pros completely ignores draft positions. As we saw form another report, Alabama does in fact produce more top draft picks relative to the star rankings. But, if you mess with the numbers enough, if you are selective enough with your criteria, you can get them to say just about anything.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.