Question: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 49 of 49
  1. #40
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2018 vs. 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoalCreek View Post
    Several comments. Nick looks at 30 tapes EVERY day of prospective student-athletes, 365 days a year. Last year we were complacent in recruiting and had a few coaches that lost a step or two when making contact with recruits on/off-the-road. Also follow-up tweets, emails and recruiting correspondence was not as expeditiously accomplished as in the past. As such, new blood has revitalized the coaching, support, personnel and administrative staffers. Finally, a few more commit-able offers are awarded with the new early signing date.
    certain coaches not all.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterpop View Post
    I have heard this from multiple sources who would know. The staff has communicated to many recruits that if you dont sign in Dec we will start looking elsewhere as well. They want to seal the deals early.
    here is the thing about this. We will keep some spots open because Saban will zero in on certain players (Surtain etc). It actually helps Saban in the long run.

  4. #42
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    This class could end up better than the 2017 class just saying

  5. #43
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,707

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    This class could end up better than the 2017 class just saying
    And 17 may be the best class Bama has ever signed - yes, better than 08. And it is needed because 16 was not good and though we obviously don't know yet, 18 has a relatively low ceiling. So, this class is needed and it appears to be super. If so, that will be enough to compensate. CNS obviously knew that, hence the "new" staff, though Tosh is spectacular and a life saver and Locksley is good and Key is doing well this year.

  6. #44
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    And 17 may be the best class Bama has ever signed - yes, better than 08. And it is needed because 16 was not good and though we obviously don't know yet, 18 has a relatively low ceiling. So, this class is needed and it appears to be super. If so, that will be enough to compensate. CNS obviously knew that, hence the "new" staff, though Tosh is spectacular and a life saver and Locksley is good and Key is doing well this year.
    Gattis and Kool doing work too.

  7. #45
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    7,523

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    And 17 may be the best class Bama has ever signed - yes, better than 08. And it is needed because 16 was not good and though we obviously don't know yet, 18 has a relatively low ceiling. So, this class is needed and it appears to be super. If so, that will be enough to compensate. CNS obviously knew that, hence the "new" staff, though Tosh is spectacular and a life saver and Locksley is good and Key is doing well this year.
    Way too early on '16 to say it was not good and we had the #1 class.
    https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Fo...teTeamRankings

  8. #46
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,707

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Gattis and Kool doing work too.
    Yeah, I was just referring to the coaches from the "old" staff. It seems that all of the new guys are doing well, especially Gattis.

    IMO, Tosh is the "monster" recruiter on this staff and has been from the beginning of his tenure. No way CNS was going to let him go, even if he demanded to be the OC .

  9. #47
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,707

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Way too early on '16 to say it was not good and we had the #1 class.
    https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Fo...teTeamRankings
    Actually, I was thinking about the '15 class. 11 or almost half of that class have already left the program for reasons other than the NFL. 4 more left for the NFL - but that's good. The '16 class is not trending well either, 7 are no longer with the program, but you're right, it is too early to render a final verdict on that class. Just because a class was ranked high does not mean it was a good or in Bama's case a relatively good class - IMO, 15 was not.

  10. #48
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    1,725

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2019 vs. 2018?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Yeah, I was just referring to the coaches from the "old" staff. It seems that all of the new guys are doing well, especially Gattis.

    IMO, Tosh is the "monster" recruiter on this staff and has been from the beginning of his tenure. No way CNS was going to let him go, even if he demanded to be the OC .
    Tosh has been a monster since he was at Cal. He should be here another 4-5 years or longer since he is just learning to call plays. He doesn't seem to be a guy that will take a small college job either. Might give Kirby a run for longest tenured DC. This staff is doing major work in a short time. The energy and momentum around the program is outstanding. June will be a big month since July is a dead period.

  11. #49
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    33

    Re: Recruiting: What changed for 2018 vs. 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    certain coaches not all.
    Three on-the-field coaches and two off the field staffers to be exact.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!