What happened to Alabama RB Desherrius Flowers? He's still playing football

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/whatever_happened_to_alabama_r.html#incart_river_index

The NCAA ruled Flowers ineligible in June 2015 - after spring drills - amid questions about his ACT score. That sent him to Jones County (Miss.) Community College, a particularly disappointing move after he suffered a shoulder injury at Alabama.
Flowers initially planned to play at Jones County for a year and re-sign with Alabama but didn't realize NCAA rules required him to graduate from junior college to play at the Football Bowl Subdivision level.
That's how he ended up at Grambling State, where he ran 49 times for 129 yards last season. He said he couldn't bench-press for a year after shoulder surgery and only now feels completely healthy.

He admits he felt bitterness after leaving Alabama before playing a snap, but that's subsided.
"I look at it as something to make me fight even harder," he said.
I didn't know he left because of grade issues... and why would he be bitter toward Alabama? Should he be bitter toward his school? Can someone fill me in?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/whatever_happened_to_alabama_r.html#incart_river_index

I didn't know he left because of grade issues... and why would he be bitter toward Alabama? Should he be bitter toward his school? Can someone fill me in?
I read the article that he's bitter, but not really at Alabama. Likely more bitter at the NCAA for how they let him enroll in spring, take classes then and in summer, go through a bunch of practices and then decide he's not eligible. NCAA did that to an OLB of ours a few years ago also. It really screws these kids over.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I read the article that he's bitter, but not really at Alabama. Likely more bitter at the NCAA for how they let him enroll in spring, take classes then and in summer, go through a bunch of practices and then decide he's not eligible. NCAA did that to an OLB of ours a few years ago also. It really screws these kids over.
That was the kid that wound up at East Carolina. That was awful - the way that unfolded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Flowers is the kid from Blount HS, right? From what I understood there were issues with credits and whether or not he had enough to graduate? My advice to the young man is to enjoy every breath he takes as a college athlete, and then get his degree. Take advantage of his blessings.

Rtr

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Flowers is the kid from Blount HS, right? From what I understood there were issues with credits and whether or not he had enough to graduate? My advice to the young man is to enjoy every breath he takes as a college athlete, and then get his degree. Take advantage of his blessings.

Rtr
Hard to tell that to a 20 year old. Believe me I know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.