2019 Prospect: **** 2019 DL Antonio Alfano Commits to Alabama **** - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 DL Antonio Alfano

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    With players that will play inside in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4 hand placement is more important than quick twitch. (Think Dalvin , Payne , etc) If we are talking about jack then yes get off is vastly more important. Hand ran a 4.8 but didn't have the best get off either could be another similar player. Alfano will be a 5 star by the end of the cycle (if that even matters) He was whipping people at the nike event. The opening will tell more about his get off because they will be in full pads going against the best OL from around the country.
    I did not comment on his "get-off", that was Harmost. I did say that something "seemed" to be lacking in the film I watched, especially in relation to his eye-popping measureables. Btw, I thought of Hand myself, but restrained from mentioning him, hoping Alfano can be a bit more productive. Though Hand was a legit starter and had his moments. Anyway, I'm just essentially a follow-the-football type fan, I gladly defer to the coaching staff.

Good to see you posting.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    I did not comment on his "get-off", that was Harmost. I did say that something "seemed" to be lacking in the film I watched, especially in relation to his eye-popping measureables. Btw, I thought of Hand myself, but restrained from mentioning him, hoping Alfano can be a bit more productive. Though Hand was a legit starter and had his moments. Anyway, I'm just essentially a follow-the-football type fan, I gladly defer to the coaching staff.
    Good to see you posting.
    Didn't mean to direct that towards you just answering the question before. If Hand would have stayed healthy he would've been late 1st to 2nd grade based of measurable.
    I'll be around a little more because I just finished my undergraduate degree at UA and planning my next move MBA, MS or job.

Job and let someone else pay for your MBA!!! Congratulations!!! RTR!!!
    Didn't mean to direct that towards you just answering the question before. If Hand would have stayed healthy he would've been late 1st to 2nd grade based of measurable.
    I'll be around a little more because I just finished my undergraduate degree at UA and planning my next move MBA, MS or job.

BamaNation All-American

Great to hear, Jam. Always enjoy your posts. Agree with previous poster, let an employer pay for your graduate degree if at all possible. The government paid a large portion of mine, for which I gladly repaid with four years in uniform. My best ( and fun ) years at UA were in grad school. I had to work too hard with my studies in undergrad to really enjoy it. Congrats on the undergrad degree!
    Last edited by RTR91; May 9th, 2018 at 12:00 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC

With players that will play inside in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4 hand placement is more important than quick twitch. (Think Dalvin , Payne , etc) If we are talking about jack then yes get off is vastly more important. Hand ran a 4.8 but didn't have the best get off either could be another similar player. Alfano will be a 5 star by the end of the cycle (if that even matters) He was whipping people at the nike event. The opening will tell more about his get off because they will be in full pads going against the best OL from around the country.
    True, but in our scheme now we typically have a DL who is lined up outside on the other side from the JLB. Thats the Jon Allen counterpart to the Dalvin and Payne. Hand was in that role last year and wasn't very productive due to his lack of burst, even before he was banged up. At his current size he'd be slated for that end of line DL role moreso than the interior guys like Payne and Dalvin since they are almost always just a bit over 300lbs, but he could certainly grow into an interior DL

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Great to hear, Jam. Always enjoy your posts. Agree with previous poster, let an employer pay for your graduate degree if at all possible. The government paid a large portion of mine, for which I gladly repaid with four years in uniform. My best ( and fun ) years at UA were in grad school. I had to work too hard with my studies in undergrad to really enjoy it. Congrats on the undergrad degree!
    Yeah I went to the Stan and get most of mine paid for with scholarships and post 9/11( still have one surgery to go to fix my ankle) bumping this for his commitment this week btw

God Bless those that serve their Country. Making America great again is an Honor. RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Antonio is committing on Friday and we currently have 17 of the 18 CB's. Looks like he will be our next commit. Saw his Opening regional video and he could not be stopped and he had a nasty, pumped up mentality.

UA loves the kid. Will be a 5-star by NSD.

BamaNation All-American TrueCrimson7's Avatar

He looks quick.

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I hope he commits to Bama!
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Announcing at 2:00 CST.

BamaNation All-American