2019 Prospect: **** 2019 DL Antonio Alfano Commits to Alabama ****

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Watch out

Alfano (this was @ nike sparq) Bosa (this was NFL combine)
6'4" 6'5"
285 269
4.82 40 4.84 40
4.27 shuttle 4.21 shuttle
36.6" vertical 32" vertical
46 ft power throw

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 2019 DL Antonio Alfano

Watch out

Alfano (this was @ nike sparq) Bosa (this was NFL combine)
6'4" 6'5"
285 269
4.82 40 4.84 40
4.27 shuttle 4.21 shuttle
36.6" vertical 32" vertical
46 ft power throw
Poster boy for DE in our scheme? Sure looks like it.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

So with Cheney and Dale on board and potentially Alfano, how many more DL do we take? I feel like we are leading for a few.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So with Cheney and Dale on board and potentially Alfano, how many more DL do we take? I feel like we are leading for a few.
Alabama is going to need to bring in several DL with this class. Of the 9 DL guys on the 2018 roster, two players are for sure gone with Raekwon Davis most likely gone to the NFL a year early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

there are many who feel Alfano should be a 5 star based on his outstanding camp performance and his SPARQ #s.
some believe he is Top 2 or 3 DL in this class, period.

getting him in the fold would be huge .

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

there are many who feel Alfano should be a 5 star based on his outstanding camp performance and his SPARQ #s.

Agreed on 5* and we have told Antonio he is #1 DL on our board.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Since I'm alone on an island on this, I'll defer to others, but he kind of seems to have a subpar (for a big DL recruit) first step. Plays with a lot of power though, which is something.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Since I'm alone on an island on this, I'll defer to others, but he kind of seems to have a subpar (for a big DL recruit) first step. Plays with a lot of power though, which is something.
The VJ, 40 and shuttle times are tremendous for someone his size. I agree that something appears to be lacking for a kid with those unreal measureables. But as always will happily defer to this staff. Maybe CCK is the key. It could be a simple technique adjustment, etc.​

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

The VJ, 40 and shuttle times are tremendous for someone his size. I agree that something appears to be lacking for a kid with those unreal measureables. But as always will happily defer to this staff. Maybe CCK is the key. It could be a simple technique adjustment, etc.​
With players that will play inside in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4 hand placement is more important than quick twitch. (Think Dalvin , Payne , etc) If we are talking about jack then yes get off is vastly more important. Hand ran a 4.8 but didn't have the best get off either could be another similar player. Alfano will be a 5 star by the end of the cycle (if that even matters) He was whipping people at the nike event. The opening will tell more about his get off because they will be in full pads going against the best OL from around the country.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

With players that will play inside in a 4-3 or end in a 3-4 hand placement is more important than quick twitch. (Think Dalvin , Payne , etc) If we are talking about jack then yes get off is vastly more important. Hand ran a 4.8 but didn't have the best get off either could be another similar player. Alfano will be a 5 star by the end of the cycle (if that even matters) He was whipping people at the nike event. The opening will tell more about his get off because they will be in full pads going against the best OL from around the country.
I did not comment on his "get-off", that was Harmost. I did say that something "seemed" to be lacking in the film I watched, especially in relation to his eye-popping measureables. Btw, I thought of Hand myself, but restrained from mentioning him, hoping Alfano can be a bit more productive. Though Hand was a legit starter and had his moments. Anyway, I'm just essentially a follow-the-football type fan, I gladly defer to the coaching staff.

Good to see you posting.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

I did not comment on his "get-off", that was Harmost. I did say that something "seemed" to be lacking in the film I watched, especially in relation to his eye-popping measureables. Btw, I thought of Hand myself, but restrained from mentioning him, hoping Alfano can be a bit more productive. Though Hand was a legit starter and had his moments. Anyway, I'm just essentially a follow-the-football type fan, I gladly defer to the coaching staff.
Good to see you posting.
Didn't mean to direct that towards you just answering the question before. If Hand would have stayed healthy he would've been late 1st to 2nd grade based of measurable.
I'll be around a little more because I just finished my undergraduate degree at UA and planning my next move MBA, MS or job.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Job and let someone else pay for your MBA!!! Congratulations!!! RTR!!!
Didn't mean to direct that towards you just answering the question before. If Hand would have stayed healthy he would've been late 1st to 2nd grade based of measurable.
I'll be around a little more because I just finished my undergraduate degree at UA and planning my next move MBA, MS or job.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Great to hear, Jam. Always enjoy your posts. Agree with previous poster, let an employer pay for your graduate degree if at all possible. The government paid a large portion of mine, for which I gladly repaid with four years in uniform. My best ( and fun ) years at UA were in grad school. I had to work too hard with my studies in undergrad to really enjoy it. Congrats on the undergrad degree!

Last edited by a moderator:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

True, but in our scheme now we typically have a DL who is lined up outside on the other side from the JLB. Thats the Jon Allen counterpart to the Dalvin and Payne. Hand was in that role last year and wasn't very productive due to his lack of burst, even before he was banged up. At his current size he'd be slated for that end of line DL role moreso than the interior guys like Payne and Dalvin since they are almost always just a bit over 300lbs, but he could certainly grow into an interior DL

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Great to hear, Jam. Always enjoy your posts. Agree with previous poster, let an employer pay for your graduate degree if at all possible. The government paid a large portion of mine, for which I gladly repaid with four years in uniform. My best ( and fun ) years at UA were in grad school. I had to work too hard with my studies in undergrad to really enjoy it. Congrats on the undergrad degree!
Yeah I went to the Stan and get most of mine paid for with scholarships and post 9/11( still have one surgery to go to fix my ankle) bumping this for his commitment this week btw

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018

God Bless those that serve their Country. Making America great again is an Honor. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.