What is the party platform for the Democratic Party nowadays? - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Re: What is the party platform for the Democratic Party nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    It's OK - he has a right to voice his thoughts and he is very passionate about his politics - that's cool.
    You might be using the term "thoughts" a bit loosely...

I will say that the Republican Party seems to be the party of the unabashed white supremacists while the Democratic Party seems to be the party of the closeted white supremacists.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    It's pretty obvious what the intention actually was.
    Yeah, a more accurate title of the thread would be, "I think Trump is just so awesome, what can the Democrats possibly offer?" Not exactly the beginning of a serious dialogue.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    I will say that the Republican Party seems to be the party of the unabashed white supremacists while the Democratic Party seems to be the party of the closeted white supremacists.
    So everyone who doesn't vote third-party is a white supremacist? Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Yeah, a more accurate title of the thread would be, "I think Trump is just so awesome, what can the Democrats possibly offer?" Not exactly the beginning of a serious dialogue.
    I think you're right - can the mods please change the title for us? Thanks, Charmin!

BamaNation All-SEC

www.democrats.org/party-platform
    It's the 2016 platform but that's as current as it gets. IMO Selma is correct though, and the platforms are just tools used to lie the the American public.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    www.democrats.org/party-platform
    It's the 2016 platform but that's as current as it gets. IMO Selma is correct though, and the platforms are just tools used to lie the the American public.
    It's still a valid question because it serves as a unified counterattack to what the Republicans are doing. Look in this thread and you'll see their platform: laugh at Trump's errors, point out his mistakes and flaws, be condescending to his supporters or anyone who disagrees with their manifesto, but offer no alternative solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    So everyone who doesn't vote third-party is a white supremacist? Fascinating.
    You have some interesting issues with basic logic...

If I said that the Democratic party also seemed to be the party of flamboyant homosexuals, would you then assume that I believe all members of the party are flamboyantly homosexual, closeted, white supremacists?
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

here ya go Bazza. I googled (always ready to help the ill-informed ) around a bit but the most recent thing I found was the 2016 Democratic Platform already posted above by uafan.

You might find this informative:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Democratic_Party.htm

The next platform will ban the private ownership of Australian Cattle Dogs, a position every right thinking American supports. What is a Bazza anyway?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    It's still a valid question because it serves as a unified counterattack to what the Republicans are doing. Look in this thread and you'll see their platform: laugh at Trump's errors, point out his mistakes and flaws, be condescending to his supporters or anyone who disagrees with their manifesto, but offer no alternative solutions.

To be fair over half the country does this now and it's not just Democrats. Trump has made politics into a mix between a comedy and a tragedy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    To be fair over half the country does this now and it's not just Democrats. Trump has made politics into a mix between a comedy and a tragedy.
    Our farce of a political system started way before Trump. He's almost like Neo in the Matrix, he's the sum of years of the system doing so much nonsense and he defies logic and the rules of the system, yet somehow he's here.

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Our farce of a political system started way before Trump. He's almost like Neo in the Matrix, he's the sum of years of the system doing so much nonsense and he defies logic and the rules of the system, yet somehow he's here.
    This is how I see it too. We are going through a correction for all the BS that has taken place in the past administrations.

i think it's more like back to the future 2 and doll hands donny is biff.

but the matrix is a much more enjoyable movie than red dawn.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

so the dem's have an actual manifesto that they are trying to ram down folk's throats, but they offer no alternative solutions.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon