What is the party platform for the Democratic Party nowadays?

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
According to recent statements by Eric Holder, Maxie Waters, and HR Clinton, the new strategy other than resist Trump, is to be less civil.

That's just perfect! I smell a big blue .... come November.
I don't know how Dems could be more unhinged than they are now, but they never cease to entertain.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It starts and ends with killing babies.
CALIFORNIA: PRO-CHOICE ACTIVIST PROUDLY BREAKS WORLD RECORD BY GETTING HER 27TH ABORTION

A 34-year-old Pro-Choice activist has officially broken a world record after receiving her 27th abortion.
The historic operation was performed at the Sacramento Street Health Center and required Elena Travis, 34, to visit the abortion clinic three consecutive times because she was 24 weeks pregnant.

Elena Travis, 34, a medical school student who hopes to one day perform abortions herself, believes abortion is a right and hopes to inspire other women to have it practiced on them by showing others that it is a safe and healthy procedure.
They might put her on deck for 2024. Who better to represent CoachJeff's Democratic Party?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm interested in seeing how all this plays out. The NY-14 primary was a perfect storm: A powerful incumbent cut down in large part to his Wall Street ties. But it was a highly Democratic district to begin with (and gerrymandered districts also breed extremism). While I'm not sure that the democrats need to move farther left across the board, distancing themselves from Wall Street trikes me as a must if they hope to reach out to disaffected moderates. At the same time, raising sufficient money without Wall Street is problematic in this Citizens United dystopia.
Bernie Sanders says hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
The First Thing Democrats Will Do If They Win The House Is Pass Anti-Corruption And Voting Rights Reforms

The first bill Democrats plan to introduce and pass if they win control of the House of Representatives on Nov. 6 will be a comprehensive package of campaign finance, voting rights, redistricting and ethics reforms.

The presumptive H.R. 1 will be based on a House resolution introduced in 2018 by Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) and co-sponsored by 165 Democratic House members, including the entire party leadership.

“Reform is going to be the first thing out of the gate,” he said.

The bill will include the creation of a small-donor public financing system for congressional elections, the restoration of the Voting Rights Act, nationwide automatic voter registration, nonpartisan redistricting reforms for congressional elections and a host of ethics reforms to rein in corruption in Congress and the executive branch.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The first part ain’t happening - and Dems know it.
It will never pass the Senate if it makes it that far, but too many wealthy donors won’t like it and if you think Pelosi and Hoyer are going to let it pass without pulling the teeth out of it, you’re tripping. They will not bite the hand that feeds them, because the “public” hand won’t give those dinosaurs jack squat and they know it.
Unless they are planning to retire; in that case, it might be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It will never pass the Senate
That's fine. It will help them win Senate seats in 2020 if the GOP is on-record as the pro-corruption party. And the Dems will have already written legislation that could be quickly passed.

too many wealthy donors won’t like it and if you think Pelosi and Hoyer are going to let it pass without pulling the teeth out of it, you’re tripping. They will not bite the hand that feeds them, because the “public” hand won’t give those dinosaurs jack squat and they know it. Unless they are planning to retire; in that case, it might be possible.
1) The voter's choice is between (1) a party that says they want to reign in corruption, (2) a party that actively does not, and (3) abstention. Doesn't seem like much of a choice if this issue is important to you.

2) Pelosi has basically announced her retirement from the speakership (link). And if incumbent Dems make a promise and fail to follow-through, primary them. I heard the same pessimism around Obamacare and the insurmountable piles of health insurance money, but Dems did it, and a fair number of them did it knowing they would lose the next election as a result. I'm not nearly as cynical as some on this issue.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Not surprising........Job Number One is to protect their party.

At some point, maybe they will "get around to" the Health Care issue, that is being reported as the Number One concern of Americans.

And the beat goes on......
... um, what are you talking about?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I agree reform is needed but fear the unintended consequences and additional government involvement.

As for the Government by the People Act, I don't like the possibility of my tax dollars funding campaigns of people I don't support though I am frustrated with the costs associated with political campaigns and how it forces decent candidates to get on board with political parties and big money. It would be interesting to see how many candidates would actually go this route.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.