What is the party platform for the Democratic Party nowadays? - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Re: What is the party platform for the Democratic Party nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    It starts and ends with killing babies.
    CALIFORNIA: PRO-CHOICE ACTIVIST PROUDLY BREAKS WORLD RECORD BY GETTING HER 27TH ABORTION

A 34-year-old Pro-Choice activist has officially broken a world record after receiving her 27th abortion.
    The historic operation was performed at the Sacramento Street Health Center and required Elena Travis, 34, to visit the abortion clinic three consecutive times because she was 24 weeks pregnant.

Elena Travis, 34, a medical school student who hopes to one day perform abortions herself, believes abortion is a right and hopes to inspire other women to have it practiced on them by showing others that it is a safe and healthy procedure.
    They might put her on deck for 2024. Who better to represent CoachJeff's Democratic Party?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how all this plays out. The NY-14 primary was a perfect storm: A powerful incumbent cut down in large part to his Wall Street ties. But it was a highly Democratic district to begin with (and gerrymandered districts also breed extremism). While I'm not sure that the democrats need to move farther left across the board, distancing themselves from Wall Street trikes me as a must if they hope to reach out to disaffected moderates. At the same time, raising sufficient money without Wall Street is problematic in this Citizens United dystopia.
    Bernie Sanders says hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    CALIFORNIA: PRO-CHOICE ACTIVIST PROUDLY BREAKS WORLD RECORD BY GETTING HER 27TH ABORTION

They might put her on deck for 2024. Who better to represent CoachJeff's Democratic Party?
    but what about our plans to outlaw urinals as they are a manifestation of the fascist patriarchy
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    and Civility.
    it does appear that civility is again prominent in the talking points. i wonder if we will get another thread about it
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    it does appear that civility is again prominent in the talking points. i wonder if we will get another thread about it
    Exemplars of civility:

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Exemplars of civility:

uncivil

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American

All I can think of is this:

Lindsay Graham: I'M SQUISHING YOUR HEAD!
    Brett Kavanaugh: NO YOUR NOT! YOU CAN'T SQUISH MY HEAD! ITS UNSQUISHABLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

BamaNation All-American sabanball's Avatar

The new campaign ad definitely checks all the boxes...

BamaNation Second Team

I laughed.

The First Thing Democrats Will Do If They Win The House Is Pass Anti-Corruption And Voting Rights Reforms

The first bill Democrats plan to introduce and pass if they win control of the House of Representatives on Nov. 6 will be a comprehensive package of campaign finance, voting rights, redistricting and ethics reforms.

The presumptive H.R. 1 will be based on a House resolution introduced in 2018 by Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) and co-sponsored by 165 Democratic House members, including the entire party leadership.

“Reform is going to be the first thing out of the gate,” he said.

The bill will include the creation of a small-donor public financing system for congressional elections, the restoration of the Voting Rights Act, nationwide automatic voter registration, nonpartisan redistricting reforms for congressional elections and a host of ethics reforms to rein in corruption in Congress and the executive branch.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The first part ainít happening - and Dems know it.
    It will never pass the Senate if it makes it that far, but too many wealthy donors wonít like it and if you think Pelosi and Hoyer are going to let it pass without pulling the teeth out of it, youíre tripping. They will not bite the hand that feeds them, because the ďpublicĒ hand wonít give those dinosaurs jack squat and they know it.
    Unless they are planning to retire; in that case, it might be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Not surprising........Job Number One is to protect their party.

At some point, maybe they will "get around to" the Health Care issue, that is being reported as the Number One concern of Americans.

And the beat goes on......

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    It will never pass the Senate
    That's fine. It will help them win Senate seats in 2020 if the GOP is on-record as the pro-corruption party. And the Dems will have already written legislation that could be quickly passed.

too many wealthy donors won’t like it and if you think Pelosi and Hoyer are going to let it pass without pulling the teeth out of it, you’re tripping. They will not bite the hand that feeds them, because the “public” hand won’t give those dinosaurs jack squat and they know it. Unless they are planning to retire; in that case, it might be possible.
    1) The voter's choice is between (1) a party that says they want to reign in corruption, (2) a party that actively does not, and (3) abstention. Doesn't seem like much of a choice if this issue is important to you.

2) Pelosi has basically announced her retirement from the speakership (link). And if incumbent Dems make a promise and fail to follow-through, primary them. I heard the same pessimism around Obamacare and the insurmountable piles of health insurance money, but Dems did it, and a fair number of them did it knowing they would lose the next election as a result. I'm not nearly as cynical as some on this issue.