What is the party platform for the Democratic Party nowadays?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Anyone know?

All I hear is Trump this and Trump that.

Trump is dominating the news cycle so much the Dems can't get a word in edgewise.

Oh - Kanye in the news as well....almost forgot that part.

And Korea peace, China trade, Iran caught with Nukes, Syrian payback, war on Opioids, and the booming economy.

:)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It doesn't matter.

Party platforms are documents of deceit designed solely to get the person endorsing them nominated and then to be tossed aside like a used prophylactic and for much the same reason.

The sad truth is that neither party in any way represents anything resembling the broad spectrum of the country. The Democrats did from around 1932 into the late 60s/early 70s (depending on where you lived) and the GOP did from around 1983 to 2003. (The middle years I excluded were a period of transition to a large degree).

Being anti-Nixon wasn't enough in 1972 (he won 49 states but I'm supposed to believe without Watergate he would have lost)
Being anti-Reagan wasn't enough in 1984 (see Nixon without Watergate)
Being anti-Clinton wasn't enough in 1996
Being anti-Bush wasn't enough in 2004 (although Kerry damn near pulled it off)
Being anti-Obama wasn't enough in 2012

Being anti-Trump ALONE won't win in 2020. Nor will being anti-Pence. It simply doesn't work that way. Doubt ALWAYS resolves against the challenger.

My utter dislike for Bill Clinton is well known on this board (and precedes most folks having even heard of him). But I give Clinton a lot of credit for actually spelling out some sort of vision for what he wanted to do. Sure, he lied a bunch and co-opted basically the popular part of the GOP's then arsenal (speaking of useless platforms). But he DID say, "Hey, this is what I sorta wanna do." Even Perot, nutty as he was, sounded the alarm about the deficit and said straight up, "I'm gonna raise taxes and cut spending." Bush's spiel was nothing but "I'm not Clinton." Hell, his 1988 campaign was basically, "I'm not Dukakis," and he got away with it because we were at peace and economics were much better than in early 1992.

I don't know what their platform is any more than I know the what the GOP platform is. I know they're both lying in general, though, because I can simply look at what they actually do when they get there. I'm old enough to remember when the GOP actually cared about budget deficits.

The platform for both parties is, "Say just enough to get elected and do just enough to get re-elected."

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Anyone know?

All I hear is Trump this and Trump that.

Trump is dominating the news cycle so much the Dems can't get a word in edgewise.

Oh - Kanye in the news as well....almost forgot that part.

And Korea peace, China trade, Iran caught with Nukes, Syrian payback, war on Opioids, and the booming economy.

:)
Oops I thought this thread was going to be about the Democrats. Didn't realize it was a bait and switch to sunshine pump for Trump with stuff that's either not true, half true, or wrong.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Oops I thought this thread was going to be about the Democrats. Didn't realize it was a bait and switch to sunshine pump for Trump with stuff that's either not true, half true, or wrong.
It could be about the Democratic party with some excellent contributions by such qualified and knowledgeable forum members such as yourself, Matt.

You have the floor now, sir.....

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely your friend,
Baz ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The GOP cared about budget deficits when they weren’t writing the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
-snip-
Being anti-Trump ALONE won't win in 2020. Nor will being anti-Pence. It simply doesn't work that way. Doubt ALWAYS resolves against the challenger.-snip-
Thanks for your excellent post and sound reasoning, Bill. Sorry to snip your post, but the part I left above is what I was thinking - and wondering if this is what the Democratic Party is going to go with this time around. I think it would very tempting with so much media buzz about Trump and his bombastic personality.

92 posted that there will be no platform until the next election year - I guess that's how the "old system" of ours works. But why not work on something for the mid-terms?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It could be about the Democratic party with some excellent contributions by such qualified and knowledgeable forum members such as yourself, Matt.

You have the floor now, sir.....

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely your friend,
Baz ;)
It's pretty obvious what the intention actually was. I'm not going to bother doing research for you to ignore because it doesn't fit with the pro-Trump echo chamber stuff you clearly still surround yourself with.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
It's pretty obvious what the intention actually was. I'm not going to bother doing research for you to ignore because it doesn't fit with the pro-Trump echo chamber stuff you clearly still surround yourself with.
Wow....sorry I do not conform to your ideologies.

FWIW - I respect your right to have your opinions on politics......WHATEVER they are!

Go get 'em tiger! :)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
It's OK - he has a right to voice his thoughts and he is very passionate about his politics - that's cool.
You might be using the term "thoughts" a bit loosely...

I will say that the Republican Party seems to be the party of the unabashed white supremacists while the Democratic Party seems to be the party of the closeted white supremacists.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It's pretty obvious what the intention actually was.
Yeah, a more accurate title of the thread would be, "I think Trump is just so awesome, what can the Democrats possibly offer?" Not exactly the beginning of a serious dialogue.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I will say that the Republican Party seems to be the party of the unabashed white supremacists while the Democratic Party seems to be the party of the closeted white supremacists.
So everyone who doesn't vote third-party is a white supremacist? Fascinating.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
www.democrats.org/party-platform
It's the 2016 platform but that's as current as it gets. IMO Selma is correct though, and the platforms are just tools used to lie the the American public.
It's still a valid question because it serves as a unified counterattack to what the Republicans are doing. Look in this thread and you'll see their platform: laugh at Trump's errors, point out his mistakes and flaws, be condescending to his supporters or anyone who disagrees with their manifesto, but offer no alternative solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
So everyone who doesn't vote third-party is a white supremacist? Fascinating.
You have some interesting issues with basic logic...

If I said that the Democratic party also seemed to be the party of flamboyant homosexuals, would you then assume that I believe all members of the party are flamboyantly homosexual, closeted, white supremacists?
:rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.