2020 SF Austin Harvell receives offer from CAJ

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
From Clements HS just outside of Athens AL. Harvell picked up his offer last weekend on a visit to Tuscaloosa. He is a 6'6" SF and should be one of the top recruits in the state in 2020.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
My son’s team played Clements three times this past year. In the opening tournament of the year, we beat them in OT. We whipped them really good the other two times at their place and ours. I was not overly impressed with him. He does have good size and athletic ability and could have dominated inside but wanted to float around on the perimeter. Maybe that’s by design because the coaches know that’s where he’ll be at the next level. He also did not hustle at times and had a mean streak. I guess that can be good if it’s channeled correctly. Of course, he was only a sophomore so there’s development to come. Hopefully a lot more.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
From Clements HS just outside of Athens AL. Harvell picked up his offer last weekend on a visit to Tuscaloosa. He is a 6'6" SF and should be one of the top recruits in the state in 2020.
That's down street from my home. I'm familiar with his play. I'm confident he will play as shooting guard or small forward in college. Lot of folks compare his game to Trevor Lacey. Kid will be very good in two years, but he has long way to go. He's not a banger down low, and at times, he needs to improve his decision-making on the court. Lot of stuff he can get better between now and in two years. I will say this: He could be a candidate to be 1 and done in three years.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
It amazes me how we can judge these guys when they are what, 15 years old? When I was 15 years old I was a total dumbarse and there's no telling what my coaches thought of me, though the amazing amount of time I spent riding the pine in three different sports gives me a pretty good idea. :)

rtr

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It amazes me how we can judge these guys when they are what, 15 years old? When I was 15 years old I was a total dumbarse and there's no telling what my coaches thought of me, though the amazing amount of time I spent riding the pine in three different sports gives me a pretty good idea. :)

rtr
Nobody is judging him. If you go and see him play, you'll see lot of things that will stand out the most about him, good and bad. Both of us have pointed out that we expect him to continue to develop and he'll be whole lot better player in two years compared to now.

He has talent and we clearly see that his current age.. and imagine what he would be like at 18.... if developed correctly.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nobody is judging him. If you go and see him play, you'll see lot of things that will stand out the most about him, good and bad. Both of us have pointed out that we expect him to continue to develop and he'll be whole lot better player in two years compared to now.

He has talent and we clearly see that his current age.. and imagine what he would be like at 18.... if developed correctly.
He's using the word judge as a synonym to evaluate. He's asking the question so many of us have wondered for awhile - how can these recruiting services and coaches evaluate a guy that just finished his freshman year?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.