What is keeping us from waiving out of state tuition?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
If the other non-lotto schools are doing it why aren't we? Are we just completely determined to hamstring our baseball program?

Rtr

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I don’t know the answer. I do know that my son, 6’2” RHP, is an upcoming HS freshman. He is on a size, velocity (73-77 as an 8th grader) command, and power hitting track to play at some level of college baseball.
Due to the FL Bright Futures Program, we won’t be looking at very many schools outside of the state of FL.
Troy, for example, now offers in-state rates to kids in our area due to opening a satellite campus (actually one building I believe) here in Panama City.
I don’t understand why UA, with the financial resources it has, can’t reduce the tuition for, what 8-10 athletes a yr. That number is a guess, as I don’t know the roster that well, in terms of where the players are from.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My son goes to college in another state. We were able to get in state there through slightly underhanded means. He is an athlete and we learned how to do it by advice from an athletic booster there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
If it was football it would have changed many years ago. We act like we don't have any money coming in...
I can't click like enough on this one! No offense to football, as I am a fan also, but...when you have 4000 scholarships to give out and then a bazillion other scholarships in the name of so and so there are not any problems with numbers. Baseball on the other hand, lets have 11.7 scholarships divided up by 27 players and each scholarship having to be at least 25% of a full ride. It doesn't go far. That is where HOPE and other State funded scholarships are absolutely necessary. If a player has the grades in HS and keeps that 3.0 in college (not always the easiest thing to do) the athletic scholarship will essentially net them some money from the academic scholarship. How UGA isn't just an absolute powerhouse in baseball is beyond me. They should be a legit top 5 program every year. They have no excuses what so ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.