The TideFans Name Thread

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Here's how I got mine. Back when I got my first online account I wanted a BAMA type name, as I have been a Tide fan since birth 60 years ago. I really wanted Redelephant or Crimsonman but didn't want to be Crimsonman number 9253 or something like that. So I played around with different spellings and came up with "Krymsonman". I've been Krymsonman ever since. Krymsonman

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
What is a Bazza?

In Oz (where everyone and everything has a nickname) if your name is Barry they call you Bazza!

Back in the mid-80's I was host to some traveling Australians. They were members of the ASP (Association of Surfing Professionals). One was the head of competition ("Fatty Al" Hunt) - another the head Aussie judge (Terry Day aka "T'day") and the third bloke was the head South African judge (Tim Williams).

They called me "Bazza" and the name stuck!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mine is pretty obvious but there's a back story as well.

I have no recollection of ever living in Alabama. I was born at New Vaughn Memorial Hospital in October 1969 when my Dad was assigned to Craig Air Force Base working on T-33s. We moved at the end of June 1971, when I was less than two years old, so I literally do not recall anything about that time.

Tidefans was, in fact, the first ever "chat board" or whatever that I ever joined. I would have put a little more thought into the name had I known that 18 years later I'd still be posting here. At the same time as my original joining, I also joined a site (now defunct) called ncaaboards.com. It allowed a little more verbal rough housing than we do here, although they did keep it in limits. I posted over there as Hollingsworth89 - because in 2000, Gary Hollingsworth in 1989 was the best QB I'd seen as far as actually being able to PASS the ball. He wouldn't even be on the team as a QB today - that's how much it has all changed (the same can be said for a lot of our option QBs as well).

So it was selmaborntidefan then and now.

Or you can call me Bill, as my appearance on "60 Minutes" and other places is pretty well-known by the regulars here.

As far as the new signature, nobody seems to have said anything about it. The top line is from "Wagon Wheel" (of course) and the bottom paragraph is a parody of "The A-Team."
You've got to tell the rest of the 60 minutes story, Bill.

BTW, Gary Hollingsworth was my favorite Bama QB (since Jeff Rutledge) until Jay Barker came along.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know many of you gave me a funny look when I created the name.

The kids, who is not mine are 8 years old and 3 years old. They are always needing me to do stuff for them because their parents are drug addicts so when I signed up for the board, I choose the name to remind myself of what I do for the kids and how I appreciate them.

81- is the year I was born.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
My moniker is so easy to explain: "Chatt" as I live in the Chattanooga, TN area and "brit" as I am originally from Great Britain. No alcohol involved!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Mine is pretty obvious but there's a back story as well.

I have no recollection of ever living in Alabama. I was born at New Vaughn Memorial Hospital in October 1969 when my Dad was assigned to Craig Air Force Base working on T-33s. We moved at the end of June 1971, when I was less than two years old, so I literally do not recall anything about that time.

Tidefans was, in fact, the first ever "chat board" or whatever that I ever joined. I would have put a little more thought into the name had I known that 18 years later I'd still be posting here. At the same time as my original joining, I also joined a site (now defunct) called ncaaboards.com. It allowed a little more verbal rough housing than we do here, although they did keep it in limits. I posted over there as Hollingsworth89 - because in 2000, Gary Hollingsworth in 1989 was the best QB I'd seen as far as actually being able to PASS the ball. He wouldn't even be on the team as a QB today - that's how much it has all changed (the same can be said for a lot of our option QBs as well).

So it was selmaborntidefan then and now.

Or you can call me Bill, as my appearance on "60 Minutes" and other places is pretty well-known by the regulars here.

As far as the new signature, nobody seems to have said anything about it. The top line is from "Wagon Wheel" (of course) and the bottom paragraph is a parody of "The A-Team."
It looks like you and I left Alabama at about the same time, except I was 13 when my dad accepted a transfer to New Orleans from Mobile. I haven't been around here long enough so I too would love to hear the 60 minutes story. And I was at that game in Jackson against Ole Miss when Gary came back from 21 down and put 63 on the board. I also dub you resident Tidefans historian. Krymsonman

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
BAMAVILLE

BAMA = Bama grad and fan (of course)
VILLE = From Coffeeville

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
So mine's pretty easy. We lived in Nashville when I found Tidefans.com and I originally registered in 1999 under the name "BamaJer" - my real name is Jerry - but when the site had the great meltdown, I changed it to my favorite NFL team - the Titans, clearly - and my lifelong college team - the Tide. I put them in the order Titans&Tide because it simply rolls off the tongue better than Tide&Titans.

You'd think hanging around this site for going on 20 years would have led to more activity than it has, but I really just love reading what's going on.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Tide&True is a takeoff of the phase “Tried and True”. The Webster’s Dictionary defines “tried and true” this way: proved good, desirable, or feasible : shown or known to be worthy. So I guess in my case it means a proven Bama fan who is proud to be known and associated with the Crimson Tide of Alabama!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Mine is pretty easy. It should be pronounced DesignKing and RTR. I am an architect and I am the design king. The back story comes from my second year of architecture school. I dumped my entire project 8 days before the final because I was unsatisfied with the direction it was going. I started over from scratch and still finished on time and got a B. the professors on my jury said I would have gotten an A had some of my hand drawn drawing not looked "rushed".
Have you ever read John Sculley's autobiography - particularly the parts about his time as a rising executive at Pepsi-co? He has a similar (and somewhat infamous) story.

FWIW, back in the day when the former Rivals network was still worthwhile, I used to post a lot on the boards of upcoming opponents (and I'm talking back in the days when we'd play H&H against PSU, UCLA, OU, etc.). So my name was basically just a "calling card"...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You've got to tell the rest of the 60 minutes story, Bill.

BTW, Gary Hollingsworth was my favorite Bama QB (since Jeff Rutledge) until Jay Barker came along.
He don't forget squat, and there's a handful of people like him in the world.

Alexander, for Shaun, one of the best examples of humble talent from the University (at least from the outside, I have no insider knowledge).

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Mine is nothing fancy, but it came to my mind when Saban got his 1st National Championship for BAMA. I thought, "I want Saban to stay here forever..." because he is something special (not just as a football coach, but as a leader, strategist, person, etc). After reading this board for a few years, I decided to join it in Sept. 2016 so I could also make comments. I did not spend much time thinking of the name, but it came to my mind quickly.

I have always loved BAMA football (was born a Bama fan) regardless of the coach or team record (I really liked Bear Bryant and Gene Stallings though). Many of my relatives went to UA, one still works there in the Athletic Dept, and my brother still lives and works there (since college).

I do wish Saban would stay forever, but obviously realize that isn't going to happen. I sure have enjoyed the past 11 years though. It truly is amazing what he has done so far. I look forward to him breaking Bear Bryant's record soon! (hopefully this season:) RTR!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Mine is ancient, in internet terms, and simple. "HSV" is of course the international designation for the Huntsville airport. I started using it on TiderInsider, when there were only a dozen or so of us, to designate where I was posting from. I still use it almost everywhere. I seldom post on rival boards, unless there's a blatant falsehood about Bama or Tidefans. When I do, I no longer use the handle because it's too recognizable and identified with Tidefans. I was using it years ago when Brett kicked me off the old listserv for making a snarky remark, which he claims not to remember... :D

If only the airport had its old name, you could be "HSV JP" with Tidefans faithful crediting your suzerainty as Huntsville Justice of the Peace sted of Huntsville Jetplex...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.