The TideFans Name Thread

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
My English Lit teacher required us to have an email so we could email her our assignments. At the time this was unheard of and we didn’t have student accounts. So I registered for a Hotmail account. I chose 21 because @ the time we had 21 SEC championships. The email site recommended the underscore. When email was a new thing it was aggravating to explain what that was. So when I started posting on Bama boards it was Bama related so I used it on a site called Clay’s Bama Page which became Crimson Corner. I posted all the time on the CC site. They actually required you to pose a couple times per day or they would delete your account. The site crashed so I brought the username over here in case some of those I guys I posted with came over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Mine is pretty obvious but there's a back story as well.

I have no recollection of ever living in Alabama. I was born at New Vaughn Memorial Hospital in October 1969 when my Dad was assigned to Craig Air Force Base working on T-33s. We moved at the end of June 1971, when I was less than two years old, so I literally do not recall anything about that time.

Tidefans was, in fact, the first ever "chat board" or whatever that I ever joined. I would have put a little more thought into the name had I known that 18 years later I'd still be posting here. At the same time as my original joining, I also joined a site (now defunct) called ncaaboards.com. It allowed a little more verbal rough housing than we do here, although they did keep it in limits. I posted over there as Hollingsworth89 - because in 2000, Gary Hollingsworth in 1989 was the best QB I'd seen as far as actually being able to PASS the ball. He wouldn't even be on the team as a QB today - that's how much it has all changed (the same can be said for a lot of our option QBs as well).

So it was selmaborntidefan then and now.

Or you can call me Bill, as my appearance on "60 Minutes" and other places is pretty well-known by the regulars here.

As far as the new signature, nobody seems to have said anything about it. The top line is from "Wagon Wheel" (of course) and the bottom paragraph is a parody of "The A-Team."
Thanks for the explanation. There was a Bill Brown in my HS graduating class, A. G. Parrish - Selma '59. Thought that was perhaps your dad. Guess not.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
My moniker is so easy to explain: "Chatt" as I live in the Chattanooga, TN area and "brit" as I am originally from Great Britain. No alcohol involved!
For a while, I thought you were related to the Britt family that played for Alabama. :)

My user name means little Alex in Brasilian Portuguese.

Last edited:

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
My son picked up the nickname Wag, short for Waggoner, in high school and several family members incorporated it into their online names over the years. My first name is Al, BAMA fan, Wagg,

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If someone can tell me how to upload photos from HOME (I know how to do it online here), I can put together a thread that shows the hiring of Coach Bryant and let me tell ya - it sounds exactly like you took it off the front page of today's Net pages, replete with Bryant denials that he's even interested in the job, press pieces in Alabama referring to him as "controversial Texas A/M coach Paul Bryant" and the whole "he's coming home blah blah" stuff.

If someone can advise me on the key component of putting the picture HERE, I think I can put together a rather interesting thread.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
After trying several screen names that were already taken, I finally decided to just go simple. My Tidefans name is my first name...Dan, and first initial of my last name...B.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Mines pretty simple: Bama grad from ‘93 plus the first four of my last name gets you BamaFlum. I’ve used that for many screen name over the years. It’s short, simple, and descriptive.

Love this thread. Interesting to see how people come up with their names.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, I wish my brain could function half that well. Just plain amazing. I was born November 25, so I guess you could say I sort of came in with Coach Bryant.

P.S. so when you only took 2 days to do a 5 day test, did anyone say "are you sure you're done? Don't you need more time". Keep those history reviews coming. I love reading them because, once I read it, then I remember the old games etc.
No, because the teacher was out that week and we were mostly self-managed 8th graders with a check-in by a down the hall teacher every 5 min or so.

In fact, half the class was asking me questions like a trivia game, and I was answering.

Teacher couldn't curve the grades and include me because with extra credits and some other stuff, I had a 135 average. He said, "If I curve it, the entire class will fail except for Bill." So he set the curve and excluded me. The same semester I had a 111 in science class. Imagine my disappointment at the end of the year when I only had something like a 99 overall average.

(I never understood how they got these numbers but oh well).

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
When I joined in 2010 I was living on the gulf coast of MS and tried various combinations of “coast” and “TideFan” but they were either taken or too long. So, I settled on GC (GulfCoast) TideFan. Last year, after 20+ years of living on the coast, we moved back home to Alabama to be near the grandkids. But being avid boaters, we moved near the Warrior River to keep our connection to water and waves. I suppose a name change is due…

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
My old name on BamaOnline which became Scout was JBAMA, the "J" standing for Jeff.

There was already a similar name here so I changed it to my nickname of Grasshopper or "Ghoppr" for short.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
The first email address I ever had in my life was Pilot172000. I got it in November of 2002. I loved flying, 17 was my uncles college football number and the 2000 was added by yahoo to fit their parameters. Hence forth Pilot172000 became a moniker that I have taken to the dozens of message boards I have joined over the years.

Major42fan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2008
I was born in 64 so my first memories of BAMA were the glorious 70's. My favorite player was Major Ogilvie and he was #42. Loved the wishbone days and I love the Pro Style championships today! I would love a goal line wishbone package with Tua as QB, Damien at FB, and Jalen and Najee the halfbacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RTR!

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
Super- First half of Superman. (40 years old and haven't outgrown my fascination)
Bama- Pretty obvious
Shane- My nickname
2- Lost my login credentials to my original account "superbamashane"

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.