The TideFans Name Thread

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Hahahaha I can see how you would think that honestly ...

To play off of T-Town though, it would have to be something like BAMATOWN or better yet TITLETOWn :)

On a side note, I used to go by BAMAMICH (used to work in Detroit) but I kept getting confused with fellow Tidefan BAMARICH

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The first email address I ever had in my life was Pilot172000. I got it in November of 2002. I loved flying, 17 was my uncles college football number and the 2000 was added by yahoo to fit their parameters. Hence forth Pilot172000 became a moniker that I have taken to the dozens of message boards I have joined over the years.
Out of curiosity, do you still fly?

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Wilson Monroe was Coach Bryant's father's first and middle name. I thought it would be a cool way to honor him.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I have been an absolute hardcore Alabama Football fan and an Original Trilogy Star Wars fan for 35 years ....

Hence my username for my two favorite things/passions/hobbies etc..which is a play on words for 'Tusken Raider' from Episode IV and The Alabama mascot having Tusks.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I have been an absolute hardcore Alabama Football fan and an Original Trilogy Star Wars fan for 35 years ....

Hence my username for my two favorite things/passions/hobbies etc..which is a play on words for 'Tusken Raider' from Episode IV and The Alabama mascot having Tusks.
Well done

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Mine doesn't have really anything to do with Bama. The Gallowglasses (or any number of spelling permutations) were a group of gaelic (though norse-gaelic might be more exact) mercenaries in the 13th-16th centuries. It's a handle I've used for gaming for a number of years. The word literally means "foreign warrior".

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
this was great to read through.. back in the mid 90's i began to workout and my first supplement i tried was called "gainersfuel"..a few years later the online gaming craze began and since i suck at choosing a moniker i just subbed the "gainers" with "gamers" and gamersfuel was the gaming moniker. When i came here, my mind drew a blank so i just rolled with gamersfuel so i would remember it.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Until just recently, I worked for over 20 years as a delivery supervisor at a major home improvement retailer and was 35 years old when I joined the site back in 2003. Thus, my username.

I grew up in the Midwest(Oklahoma) but have lived in Alabama for the past 32 years. Both of my parents grew up in Gadsden and my father graduated from UA in 1966. I was indoctrinated at a very early age to love all things Bama(the 1973 Sugar Bowl against ND is my earliest recollection of actually watching a game) and have been able to live through and enjoy both the glory years of the ‘70’s and the current run, as well as 8 NC’s( not counting ‘73).

Last edited:

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
When I joined back in 2001 I lived in Monroe, La on a bayou in a golf course community and I graduated UA in 1975. After I started reading the posts a lot I noticed there was also a Bayoutider who was one of the mods..

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
When I joined back in 2001 I lived in Monroe, La on a bayou in a golf course community and I graduated UA in 1975. After I started reading the posts a lot I noticed there was also a Bayoutider who was one of the mods..
One of the most beloved Tidefans mods of all time, terribly missed by all on this board who knew him. RIP, Richard.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This has been a fantastic thread!

Mine too is probably somewhat obvious. I consider Bama to be my home and I’ve been a Bama fan since birth. Both my parents and their extended families are from Tuscaloosa. (Mom’s technically from Holt, but close enough) Dad even attended Bama for a couple of years in the early 80’s. I lived in Tuscaloosa until I was a preteen and then the family moved to an Indianapolis suburb. I’ve now lived in Indiana far longer than I ever lived in TTown, but Bama will always be home. Hence BamaHoosier.

Funny story though, I actually started here under a different and rather embarrassing moniker. When I was in high school, I had a rather elevated opinion of my skills on the basketball court, namely my 3 point shooting range. I tried to self-promote a nickname of the Bama Bomber, but the nickname never stuck. (Go figure) I started posting here right after I graduated and carried that username for a couple of years.

I finally had a bit of foresight as to how tasteless the name was after the Boston Marathon bombing and I realized that referencing myself as a “bomber” these days is just plain dumb. I really didn’t want to be become a primary suspect of an investigation because of a narcissistic nickname I gave myself as a teenager. Especially on the off chance that a bombing ever occurred in Alabama or by a resident of Alabama. So I had the name changed and haven’t looked back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Bradley Wayne is my first & middle name. When I was little, someone in my family would ask me what my name was, & (me being little & just learning how to talk) I'd say Dadley Blane. And it stuck with my family, & they still call me that til this day. The #5 was my # all through sports in school.

Last edited:

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
I haven't posted in some time but this is one area where I DO have insider information. Catsbane.
Originally it was a video game surname (EQ) derived from the character's history of run ins with
lions, leopards and such. Afterwards used the name sporadically as a password. It fit in real
life too given my constant battles with cats as to whose territory my garden was. "Bane" = death
or killer and more than one cat has chosen to impale itself upon the gleaming steel of my
vehicle. Then too there was the one that thought that up under my hood, on my engine block was
a good place for a morning nap. The engine cranked. Snarl, screech, thud. On backing out I took
one look and realized that nothing could be done. And besides I was late for work. The wife was
none too pleased with my accomplishment, nor the mess that I'd left her to clean up.
The name seemed fitting for Tidefans. You may have noticed that we have a cat problem around here:
Missouri Tigers, Kentucky wild Cats, Plains Tigers, Bayou Bengals. We ARE cat killers around here
and proudly so. It's what we do.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Years ago I saw dirtroadlizard written on the bathroom wall of a local bar . I live 21 miles down a dirt road in the Choctawhatchee River Swamp . So , it seemed to fit !
The real question, though, is whether it fits because of to what "lizard" written on a bathroom wall about a person typically refers... :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.