Waikiki Longboarding, The Future

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Going through more old slides.......here's a couple local sisters I knew leaning against my Chevy Vega wagon. And one of local police units on patrol. These were taken in the '72-'73 time period.

These times for me were very pure, as compared to today. (back when patrol cars only needed one light on the roof! ;))

There's an economical reason for the change in lighting. They sell those cruisers at end of service, if they aren't totaled first. Frankly, I have no idea why anyone would buy an engine which had been run like that, but some do. Those single lights had to be bolted to the top, with the necessary damage. The light bars clip into the rain gutters on the old Crown Vics and they have methods for clamping them onto other cars. Once you have the light bar in place, well, why not mount more lights? Maybe easier to see...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
There's an economical reason for the change in lighting. They sell those cruisers at end of service, if they aren't totaled first. Frankly, I have no idea why anyone would buy an engine which had been run like that, but some do. Those single lights had to be bolted to the top, with the necessary damage. The light bars clip into the rain gutters on the old Crown Vics and they have methods for clamping them onto other cars. Once you have the light bar in place, well, why not mount more lights? Maybe easier to see...
Are you saying those buying used cop cars......wouldn't pay extra for a light on top? :p

Hey thanks for the explanation. I get it. But they have gone way overboard on the lights, IMHO...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Are you saying those buying used cop cars......wouldn't pay extra for a light on top? :p

Hey thanks for the explanation. I get it. But they have gone way overboard on the lights, IMHO...
I would say it's more the use of them which is overboard. When they're working an accident or something like that, I don't have a problem with being able to see them ahead as soon as possible...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
OK back to NSB.....

My friend, Kem just posted this....I'll have to find out how he got all this data. Some kind of GPS, I'm assuming?

My friend Jason Obenauer sent me this pic tonight of my last wave today. Somedays all the stars align and its a really good surf session. Every time I paddled out to the outer break at the inlet a nice set would come right to me. I surfed about 1:20mins and got 13 waves for a total of 3359 Ft. and this wave was my last one, I was on the wave for 39 sec. for a lenght of 743.3 ft. @ 18 mph. and hit this cut back close to the end. I thought well I'm not going to top that one so I might as well head to the beach. Life is Good!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Some classic footage of one of the smoothest cats to ever surf...Gerry "Mr. Pipeline" Lopez......with a nice little body surf at the end!

Digging the Santana soundtrack as well!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.