Waikiki Longboarding, The Future

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Friend of mine from back in the 80's who now lives in Mass is visiting a mutual friend in Cal and his wife shot this video of him on a longboard at Doheny State Park surfing again for the first time in 17 years......

EDIT: apparently the video is denoted 'private' so will have to come back and post another pic I have of him from the archives. Sorry....it was a nice little clip!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
HUGE surf in the islands right now........HUGE!!!

It’s winter, that’s what they do! Sunset, Haleiwa, Waimea, Makaha on Oahu. You know, there really isn’t much surfing in Waikiki! Longboard or no! Thanks for memories though on this stormy, Rainey week!
I might be down your way in the next few weeks, we are selling the house down there, going down one last time! All depends on schedule and surgery and all. I know I’ll have to go down to Edgewater and go fishing with a body of mine on the bay or At least have a drink with him! He drinks , he fishes, he works in his boat, he drinks, he fishes, he works on his..... anyway, you get the idea! Maybe we can get together go to dinner or catch a show at a local watering hole or something.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
It’s winter, that’s what they do! Sunset, Haleiwa, Waimea, Makaha on Oahu. You know, there really isn’t much surfing in Waikiki! Longboard or no! Thanks for memories though on this stormy, Rainey week!
I might be down your way in the next few weeks, we are selling the house down there, going down one last time! All depends on schedule and surgery and all. I know I’ll have to go down to Edgewater and go fishing with a body of mine on the bay or At least have a drink with him! He drinks , he fishes, he works in his boat, he drinks, he fishes, he works on his..... anyway, you get the idea! Maybe we can get together go to dinner or catch a show at a local watering hole or something.
Absolutely.....I will send you a PM later today/tonight. Be happy to meet somewhere for lunch/dinner.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Ran across this one today - New Zealand.......

Piha Bar is one of New Zealand's most iconic surf spots. While only 40 minutes drive from downtown Auckland, the 'Bar' can be difficult to predict due to fast moving swells coming out of the Tasman Sea. The unpredictable shape of the wave means it is possible to get lucky and enjoy world class waves with only a handful of other surfers out. Access to the break through the cave in Taitomo Island is for advanced surfers only.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.