Waikiki Longboarding, The Future
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Waikiki Longboarding, The Future

Summer will be here soon. Still a long ways until football starts back up. It's OK - time will go by - in fact.....it will fly by, as they say.

We have some good surf here - not like in Hawaii but fun enough to ride consistently.

The beach is about a 2 minute walk from my house and another 10 minutes further down the beach is the most consistent surf spot in town - called "The Inlet"

You can still have fun on small waves......check out these grommets hot dogging it up.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: Waikiki Longboarding, The Future

Anyone else having a problem seeing youtube videos posted here? It just started for me a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Anyone else having a problem seeing youtube videos posted here? It just started for me a week or so ago.
    They are showing up fine for me, DBF.....

More Hot Dog'n'!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    They are showing up fine for me, DBF.....
    It shows up on Mobile just fine but not on my lap top. Weird.

Chun's Reef!

Summer will be here soon. Still a long ways until football starts back up. It's OK - time will go by - in fact.....it will fly by, as they say.

We have some good surf here - not like in Hawaii but fun enough to ride consistently.

The beach is about a 2 minute walk from my house and another 10 minutes further down the beach is the most consistent surf spot in town - called "The Inlet"

You can still have fun on small waves......check out these grommets hot dogging it up.....

I guess a decent storm comes through every once in a while...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I guess a decent storm comes through every once in a while...
    From a 2010 op-ed, this person has us at #2 on the East Coast.......

2. New Smyrna Beach, Florida: New Smyrna’s inlet is known for two main things: shark attacks and some of the most consistent waves in Florida. The sandbar between its jetties allow for well-shaped peaks, long rides and reformed barrels, making the waves perfect for performance tricks. Already home to a number of sponsored contests, such as the Transworld Surf East Coast Scholastic Surfing Championships, this spot ranks at the top of any East Coast list.

Full disclosure....in other online pieces, we are not even mentioned. Of course, that's not necessarily a bad thing....ha ha....

The warm water is a huge plus for me and now that I'm in my golden years - it doesn't take large nor perfect surf for me to get my stoke. I'm just happy to get wet, get some salt water into my sinus cavity, and get a few rides in from time to time.

I used to surf the Inlet a bunch as a kid with my Gordon and Smith Twin fin, good times
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I used to surf the Inlet a bunch as a kid with my Gordon and Smith Twin fin, good times
    Did you ever eat at the Driftwood Restaurant on Flagler Ave.....run by Betty and Bill? That place was epic!

My brother and I both bought brand new G&S Summer Fishes from Janies Surf Shack on Flagler Ave. - it was right around 1972, IIRC.....not a twin fin but still a great board!

Did you ever eat at the Driftwood Restaurant on Flagler Ave.....run by Betty and Bill? That place was epic!

My brother and I both bought brand new G&S Summer Fishes from Janies Surf Shack on Flagler Ave. - it was right around 1972, IIRC.....not a twin fin but still a great board!

not that I recall but it has been 33+ years ago

mine was a G&S Custom with a swallow tail design (that I constantly had to re-glass as it was so fragile) that I loved
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    not that I recall but it has been 33+ years ago

mine was a G&S Custom with a swallow tail design (that I constantly had to re-glass as it was so fragile) that I loved
    By 1985 the Driftwood was long gone and replaced by East Street Restaurant. Ring a bell? It was right across from Nichols Surf Shop on Flagler.