Link: 2018 SEC helmet schedule!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man, that schedule is taylor made for taking a run at a unblemished regular season. First real test will be at home against A&M in week 5. Got to go to LSU in week 10 and then host MSU and the Barn to finish out. :biga:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Vandy’s schedule looks rough (for them). Missouri’s out of conference schedule is pathetic. Arkie's is worse. I thought the SEC passed a rule that said you had to play a Power 5?

Last edited:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
According to FPI, the following teams will go undefeated in the regular season:

Clemson
Georgia
Alabama
Washington
Oklahoma
Notre Dame

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Clemson
Georgia
Alabama
Washington
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Based on that outcome the CFP will probably be:

AL/Georgia winner
Clemson
Washington or ND
Oklahoma

Man a Bama vs. ND game would be sweet!!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Clemson
Georgia
Alabama
Washington
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
I don't buy that Oklahoma can lose Mayfield and just kind of roll along. They are going to take a step back unless their QB play is a lot better than it looked during their spring game. I also don't know that I buy Notre Dame going undefeated after their losses on the OL.

The rest all seem plausible though.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Who did LSU tick off? They have 3 teams with byes before their games. USC is 2nd with 2. Arkansas, Kentucky and Ole Miss have no teams with byes before their games.

http://cdn.fbschedules.com/helmets/2018-sec-helmet-schedule.pdf
If memory serves, not so many years ago, Alabama had SIX opponents on our schedule with open dates the week before they played us, and one or two others who played Div-II opponents the week prior.

Someone counted up the 3-4 years prior and found that Alabama had faced - LITERALLY - TWICE as many opponents coming off Open Dates compared to ANY other team in the SEC. I want to say that it was since Saban was hired - maybe around 2009 or 2010......

Any one else remember that?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Clemson
Georgia
Alabama
Washington
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
I seriously doubt that more than 2 teams finish the regular season undefeated. I would be more inclined to bet that none go undefeated than 3 or 4, much less 6. There is a reason that UCF's undefeated season last year is so well regarded.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Yep..They passed a rule, no more than 3 in a year. I think it was our '13 team that got shafted...
If memory serves, not so many years ago, Alabama had SIX opponents on our schedule with open dates the week before they played us, and one or two others who played Div-II opponents the week prior.

Someone counted up the 3-4 years prior and found that Alabama had faced - LITERALLY - TWICE as many opponents coming off Open Dates compared to ANY other team in the SEC. I want to say that it was since Saban was hired - maybe around 2009 or 2010......

Any one else remember that?

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
The November 17th games in the SEC are trash. 8 SEC teams are playing Group of 5 teams or FCS teams. The SEC needs to go with a 9 conference game schedule to get rid of this or at least only play conference games this late in the season. Play the trash games in Sept and October. It is just a bad look for the conference.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
The November 17th games in the SEC are trash. 8 SEC teams are playing Group of 5 teams or FCS teams. The SEC needs to go with a 9 conference game schedule to get rid of this or at least only play conference games this late in the season. Play the trash games in Sept and October. It is just a bad look for the conference.
Saban has been pushing for a 9 game conference schedule for some years now, and if memory serves I think he has spoken favorably about some sort of minimum for opponents as well?

So if Saban is "For" anything, you can count on our 13 Conference "Brethren" all being "AGAINST" it. :mad2:

Frankly, I'd favor both a 9 game SEC schedule AND a rule barring lower division opponents. I wouldn't favor a rule mandating only P-5 opponents UNLESS all the other P-5 conferences did the same, then it would be an Anti-Trust problem.

But IMO there's simply ZERO excuse for a program the caliber of Alabama to E V E R play any FCS school in football..... EVER.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Yep..They passed a rule, no more than 3 in a year. I think it was our '13 team that got shafted...
It was 2010 and it was nothing new. Bama had 6-7 teams with OPEN dates prior to their game with Bama each year beginning in 1992 when the SEC took over the conference scheduling. The only difference was that ALL of them had never used the open date for a bye until 2010.

Each year 3-4 would take a bye and 3-2 would schedule a cupcake. Each year Bama would complain, nothing would be done, and life would go on. When all six of them used the open date for a bye in 2010, the SEC wound up with egg on their face and were forced to pass the rule to which you refer. That rule went into effect in 2011.

Edit: As always there are six open dates in 2018. Ole Miss plays ASU, aTm plays ULM, MO plays MTSU, LSU took a bye, MSU plays La Tech, and the barn plays Liberty.

On the other end, I looked only at ut because they usually have the least each year since Roy Kramer's good ole boyz are still in the Scheduling Department. As always they have but two. UF plays Colorado State and SC took a bye.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Saban has been pushing for a 9 game conference schedule for some years now, and if memory serves I think he has spoken favorably about some sort of minimum for opponents as well?

So if Saban is "For" anything, you can count on our 13 Conference "Brethren" all being "AGAINST" it. :mad2:

Frankly, I'd favor both a 9 game SEC schedule AND a rule barring lower division opponents. I wouldn't favor a rule mandating only P-5 opponents UNLESS all the other P-5 conferences did the same, then it would be an Anti-Trust problem.

But IMO there's simply ZERO excuse for a program the caliber of Alabama to E V E R play any FCS school in football..... EVER.
FYI, it takes TWO schools to agree to play in order to schedule a football game. In 2017 there were but EIGHT FBS schools that were not playing mandated conference games on the weekend in which Bama played Mercer. NONE of which were willing to have their football teams anywhere near Tuscaloosa, Alabama on the next to last weekend of the season playing Alabama.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.