Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (update: x-ferring to tennessee)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (Will be Grad-Transfer)

That, or stop the accelerated graduation program..
Scott Sanderson (Wimp's son and is Faulkner basketball coach) said on the radio a few weeks ago he knows of some P5 colleges that have slowed their players down in order to prevent them from being grad transfers.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Scott Sanderson (Wimp's son and is Faulkner basketball coach) said on the radio a few weeks ago he knows of some P5 colleges that have slowed their players down in order to prevent them from being grad transfers.
Well, that's also because the players are taking advantage of the rules. Grad transfers were supposed to only be able to transfer to another school that had a graduate program that their current school didn't. That was the spirit of the rule which hasn't held up. Did they also implement the rule that grad transfers who don't complete graduate school will cost the team they transferred to a scholarship? I remember that being talked about at some point..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Well, that's also because the players are taking advantage of the rules. Grad transfers were supposed to only be able to transfer to another school that had a graduate program that their current school didn't. That was the spirit of the rule which hasn't held up. Did they also implement the rule that grad transfers who don't complete graduate school will cost the team they transferred to a scholarship? I remember that being talked about at some point..
As far as I know, they never implemented (or at least enforced) the rule. To be fair, the rule is pretty difficult to enforce. What if a guy bolts for the NFL after that one year? Plus, the bigger issue with the rule is most grad-transfers have one year remaining. How many grad programs only take a year?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

As far as I know, they never implemented (or at least enforced) the rule. To be fair, the rule is pretty difficult to enforce. What if a guy bolts for the NFL after that one year? Plus, the bigger issue with the rule is most grad-transfers have one year remaining. How many grad programs only take a year?
Exactly. So to me the rule should be you have to transfer with 2 years eligibility remaining and obtain your graduate degree or that program gives up a scholarship for non-compliance IF the player goes to the university and plays immediately. If he sits out a year then the rule wouldn't apply. Just my .02..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Well, time for Bama to start mining everyone else for grad transfers
While I agree, it would be tampering to recruit a player until after the player has put in their paperwork. Most schools would get away with it, but you can bet that they would closely scrutinize it if Alabama started doing it.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

While I agree, it would be tampering to recruit a player until after the player has put in their paperwork. Most schools would get away with it, but you can bet that they would closely scrutinize it if Alabama started doing it.
I'm sure you are correct.............only schools in the Eastern SEC can do that

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Exactly. So to me the rule should be you have to transfer with 2 years eligibility remaining and obtain your graduate degree or that program gives up a scholarship for non-compliance IF the player goes to the university and plays immediately. If he sits out a year then the rule wouldn't apply. Just my .02..
I like that - why weren’t you at these meetings? [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Heard it here first. Coach Saban will figure out a way to work this to his advantage. That will initiate a great deal of walking around in circles and wringing of hands, eventually resulting in yet another rules change.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I like that - why weren’t you at these meetings? [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to admit that I didn't come up with that myself. At some point it was being discussed as an additional guideline to the graduate transfer rule and it just makes sense if they're going to let grad transfers play immediately..

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

So, what is the story on Brandon? Is he leaving or not leaving? I still see his name on 2018 rosters. Just wondering because we don't hear anything down here in Looziana.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

He has to go through an appeal I think. He has time to transfer. I think he's just finishing out summer term and transfer in july or august.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Leaving the Capstone to go to the boogs?!?

Talk about going "Slumming"... <eyes rolling>

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He's headed to Tennessee. Good luck to him.
That is where I expected him to land. They have no one capable of playing center at an SEC level.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I much prefer this to AU.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I predict that this transfer stuff will get real interesting over time.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014

I predict that this transfer stuff will get real interesting over time.
I think Alabama will lose more to transfers than most teams will, but I also think Alabama will get more really good players than most will. A lot of kids will want to go out with a ring, not to mention more cred with NFL scouts.

edit: may already been said. I didn't yet read the entire thread

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.