Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (update: x-ferring to tennessee)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (Will be Grad-Transfer)

The SEC has a rule that does not allow graduate transfers within the conference. Stankey over-ruled the rule a couple of years ago when he allowed the DB to transfer from Bama to Georgia. He let Saban get the bad publicity for just abiding by the SEC rule. The rule either needs to apply... or completely rescind the rule.
I think this is exactly right. Coach Saban will follow conference rules and let Sankey override him. He'll be asked about it and coach will say he followed conference rules. If Sankey doesn't want this rule enforced, then at least have the stones to overturn it!

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Re: Brandon Kennedy

The SEC allows him to suit up for each of our SEC opponents the week we play them.
A broader educational experience that way.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I wouldn't doubt there was tampering going on.............and UGA should have had their toes stomped for it............I know quite a few UGA guys who were shocked he was allowed to come to UGA.............The SEC should have forced Kirby to allow those players to go to Miami
karma sort of took care of things for us ;)

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

I think this is exactly right. Coach Saban will follow conference rules and let Sankey override him. He'll be asked about it and coach will say he followed conference rules. If Sankey doesn't want this rule enforced, then at least have the stones to overturn it!
^^^^ This. Saban's in a no-win spot. Make Sankey take the heat. If he wants to allow free agency, well, if we ever, say, need to poach a starting QB from an opponent who could be the difference between their team making a bowl game or us winning the Natty, well, y'all made your bed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

^^^^ This. Saban's in a no-win spot. Make Sankey take the heat. If he wants to allow free agency, well, if we ever, say, need to poach a starting QB from an opponent who could be the difference between their team making a bowl game or us winning the Natty, well, y'all made your bed.
Not really - Saban could just choose to approve the transfer. He did not have to deny the appeal. Other conferences have the same rule but teams often allow the transfers when it is clearly in the player's best interests.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Not really - Saban could just choose to approve the transfer. He did not have to deny the appeal. Other conferences have the same rule but teams often allow the transfers when it is clearly in the player's best interests.
But very little is ever said when programs block players from going to future opponents. From a distance, there are plenty of good options for BK without having to go to a future opponent. There are even other SEC programs such as So Car, UGA, UF, Vandy or UK. Previously, Bama has been the only school to catch any heat. Sankey's involvement with Smith was indecisive and tepid as usual. Bama hasn't caught the heat this time, at least not yet. I hope CNS holds the line and Sankey shows a little courage.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

I believe you could clarify your statement. My understanding is: Saban COULD break the rule and allow the transfer. I don't believe he can unilaterally deny an appeal. The appeal is to Sankey. This is all nice and sweet when you're picking on the embarassment of riches that is Alabama. What about when we need Vandy's best player? or Kentucky's? Or a Georgia back-up QB?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I believe you could clarify your statement. My understanding is: Saban COULD break the rule and allow the transfer. I don't believe he can unilaterally deny an appeal. The appeal is to Sankey. This is all nice and sweet when you're picking on the embarassment of riches that is Alabama. What about when we need Vandy's best player? or Kentucky's? Or a Georgia back-up QB?
He can let the SEC know that he is okay with the transfer and put it completely on them to decide. Note - I am not saying that he should, only that he could.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm still trying to figure out why Auburn could be in his best interest. I keep hearing how that offenses like the one Gus runs is bad for NFL development, now all the sudden that's the place to go to get ready for the NFL?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm still trying to figure out why Auburn could be in his best interest. I keep hearing how that offenses like the one Gus runs is bad for NFL development, now all the sudden that's the place to go to get ready for the NFL?
They need a starting center. That is why he is interested in Auburn and TN - neither has a solid center.

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017

They need a starting center. That is why he is interested in Auburn and TN - neither has a solid center.
It could be just as benign as that. It could also be that choosing our two most hated rivals, one of which has a head coach who was at UA until the end of last season, as his potential destinations is no coincidence.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It could be just as benign as that. It could also be that choosing our two most hated rivals, one of which has a head coach who was at UA until the end of last season, as his potential destinations is no coincidence.
You are right - I have no idea what he is thinking. But without evidence to support that, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He is supposed to be family, right?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

There's over 100 potential targets though. Is the argument that they're the only two locations in need of a center? I'm just saying, and I've basically said this all along, that the idea of his going to Auburn being the best location to develop for the NFL is hogwash. That's not why it's the potential destination.

He lost the benefit of a doubt when he tried to violate SEC rules and transfer to Alabama's two biggest rivals. Tennessee? May be I'd give him the benefit of a doubt, but there's basically only one reason to go to Auburn, and it isn't because someone actually fooled him into thinking they're the best school to develop him for the NFL.

Last edited:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

but there's basically only one reason to go to Auburn, and it isn't because someone actually fooled him into thinking they're the best school to develop him for the NFL.
He wants to be fambly not family?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He lost the benefit of a doubt when he tried to violate SEC rules and transfer to Alabama's two biggest rivals.
Maybe with you. I am a little more loyal than that.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

There are plenty of other schools that needs Center. This is going to be interesting to see how SEC handles this after the last time.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

You are right - I have no idea what he is thinking. But without evidence to support that, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He is supposed to be family, right?
"Family" works both ways. If you're family why would you chose your original family's two fiercest rivals when you can go to 115 other places, including 5 in the SEC?

Without knowing all that's involved, I just can't see why you have to go to those 2 programs, especially AU who does not have an NFL type offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

"Family" works both ways. If you're family why would you chose your original family's two fiercest rivals when you can go to 115 other places, including 5 in the SEC?
I can name a few very good reasons, but none will satisfy those here who have made up their minds about this young man so I won't bother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.