Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (update: x-ferring to tennessee) - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (Will be Grad-Transfer)

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Not everyone can start, but everyone contributes, and he contributed to something pretty special.
    He's got two more years and Alabama doesn't want him to leave! That's pertinent isn't it? You can say it's really not about that, but he's the one that wants to go to a rival. He wants to quit the team and go play for a rival. You'd be big on a guy going to Ohio State for three years then leaving to play for Michigan once he's more ready to contribute? After three years of being coached up and prepared to play, the player is healthy and more ready and he's just like ok I'm out of here, why should quitting to play for a rival be applauded?

If Alabama had kicked him off the team after two years people would lose their minds, but it's supposed to be ok if he quits the team and joins a rival after three. I'm not sure I follow that logic...
    Last edited by KrAzY3; May 14th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    He's got two more years and Alabama doesn't want him to leave!
    Easy answer - let him start.

Easy answer - let him start.
    Ok, so every single player is supposed to be able to hold the team hostage. Either you start me, or I will play for a rival. That's it huh?
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BTW, I don't blame Alabama for wanting their transferring players to follow SEC transfer rules. I just dislike the rule. And I especially dislike that these rules are selectively enforced.

Ok, so every single player is supposed to be able to hold the team hostage. Either you start me, or I will play for a rival. That's it huh?
    It is this simple - let me prove my value to the NFL here or I will do so elsewhere. Kennedy will never get drafted if he stays at Alabama. He might at another SEC school. The SEC is the best conference in the country. Starting in the SEC matters.

It is this simple - let me prove my value to the NFL here or I will do so elsewhere.
    First off, he's a sophomore. And he was injured as well right? So, he's played in 10 games but it's hardly Alabama's fault he hasn't played that much. He redshirted and then got hurt, not that much time in between. To assume he won't play a lot this year is a big reach, we simply don't know that. There's a reason Alabama doesn't want him gone, and that's because he does factor into their plans. Some people are talking of him like this is his last chance, but he has two years not one. This isn't a do or die year for him.

The SEC is the best conference in the country. Starting in the SEC matters.
    The SEC is not the only potential location though. Make no mistake, he's trying to stick it to Alabama. The teams being mentioned have Alabama on the schedule, are Alabama's rivals. He has choices all over the country, I have serious doubts about those being the best landing spots in terms of a career choice.

He can transfer, Alabama is letting that happen. This guy just wants to play Alabama... I fail to see why the rules should be bent and Alabama should be strong-armed into letting this happen. He has a choice. He can play for Alabama or he can play outside the SEC. That's more than fair...
    Last edited by KrAzY3; May 14th, 2018 at 05:29 PM.

Make no mistake, he's trying to stick it to Alabama.
    Wait, what? He is trying to "stick it to" Alabama?

How about this - he has a great chance of starting at TN or Auburn. Neither has a solid player ready to play center. Kennedy would be an upgrade instantly for both.

Sometimes it isn't about Alabama.

Sometimes it isn't about Alabama.
    When it is a player on scholarship at Alabama it most certainly is.

When it is a player on scholarship at Alabama it most certainly is.
    We have players leave OSU every year like this. I have never taken it as anything other than what it is - a player trying to have personal success someplace else. It isn't about Ohio State. But you can take this stuff personally if you wish to.

And, like I said, I hate the rule so understand why Kennedy would fight it, but I also understand why Saban would want it enforced equitably.

We have players leave OSU every year like this.
    Really? Does a player leave for Michigan every year and play immediately? I mean I haven't heard of that happening but may be it does... just, don't think people would take it lightly.

Really? Does a player leave for Michigan every year and play immediately? I mean I haven't heard of that happening but may be it does... just, don't think people would take it lightly.
    We do the same thing that you do - try to block transfers to B1G schools. And yes, they often try to transfer to B1G schools because they are familiar with B1G schools. This is where they are from. This is where they want to play. But our conference commissioner actually enforces the rule.

I do not know of a case where a team tried to block a grad transfer within the B1G and it was allowed to happen. I do know of a few cases where schools allowed transfers within the conference. An example - Jake Rudock. He was allowed to transfer to any school by Iowa. He picked Michigan. The B1G made sure that he followed the transfer rules since he was within the B1G, and allowed it once it was clear that he was since Iowa wasn't trying to block it.

BamaNation All-American

If he transfers to a rival school then we just need to humiliate him and that team on the field.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    The SEC has a rule that does not allow graduate transfers within the conference. Stankey over-ruled the rule a couple of years ago when he allowed the DB to transfer from Bama to Georgia. He let Saban get the bad publicity for just abiding by the SEC rule. The rule either needs to apply... or completely rescind the rule.
    Yeah, that was pretty crappy of the SEC office to allow that breach of the rule................Kirby campaigned for that player, and at the same time refused to allow some UGA players to go to Miami

Kennedy should be allowed to transfer somewhere other than an SEC school...........
    Last edited by Keeter; May 14th, 2018 at 06:37 PM.