Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (update: x-ferring to tennessee) - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (Will be Grad-Transfer)

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty crappy of the SEC office to allow that breach of the rule................Kirby campaigned for that player, and at the same time refused to allow some UGA players to go to Miami
    The worst part - you know that GA was violating the no contact rule while it was playing out. The only reason that Smith wanted to go to GA was because he was guaranteed a starting position in their secondary. He had one year to play and was going to be a role player for Alabama. Can't prove it, but you know that it was happening.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The worst part - you know that GA was violating the no contact rule while it was playing out. The only reason that Smith wanted to go to GA was because he was guaranteed a starting position in their secondary. He had one year to play and was going to be a role player for Alabama. Can't prove it, but you know that it was happening.
    I wouldn't doubt there was tampering going on.............and UGA should have had their toes stomped for it............I know quite a few UGA guys who were shocked he was allowed to come to UGA.............The SEC should have forced Kirby to allow those players to go to Miami

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    The SEC has a rule that does not allow graduate transfers within the conference. Stankey over-ruled the rule a couple of years ago when he allowed the DB to transfer from Bama to Georgia. He let Saban get the bad publicity for just abiding by the SEC rule. The rule either needs to apply... or completely rescind the rule.
    I think this is exactly right. Coach Saban will follow conference rules and let Sankey override him. He'll be asked about it and coach will say he followed conference rules. If Sankey doesn't want this rule enforced, then at least have the stones to overturn it!

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Brandon Kennedy

What are the latest predictions on where he goes?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Re: Brandon Kennedy

The SEC allows him to suit up for each of our SEC opponents the week we play them.
    A broader educational experience that way.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Re: Brandon Kennedy

Probably TN

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I wouldn't doubt there was tampering going on.............and UGA should have had their toes stomped for it............I know quite a few UGA guys who were shocked he was allowed to come to UGA.............The SEC should have forced Kirby to allow those players to go to Miami
    karma sort of took care of things for us

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I think this is exactly right. Coach Saban will follow conference rules and let Sankey override him. He'll be asked about it and coach will say he followed conference rules. If Sankey doesn't want this rule enforced, then at least have the stones to overturn it!
    ^^^^ This. Saban's in a no-win spot. Make Sankey take the heat. If he wants to allow free agency, well, if we ever, say, need to poach a starting QB from an opponent who could be the difference between their team making a bowl game or us winning the Natty, well, y'all made your bed.
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.

Quote Originally Posted by dtgreg View Post
    ^^^^ This. Saban's in a no-win spot. Make Sankey take the heat. If he wants to allow free agency, well, if we ever, say, need to poach a starting QB from an opponent who could be the difference between their team making a bowl game or us winning the Natty, well, y'all made your bed.
    Not really - Saban could just choose to approve the transfer. He did not have to deny the appeal. Other conferences have the same rule but teams often allow the transfers when it is clearly in the player's best interests.

BamaNation All-American

Not really - Saban could just choose to approve the transfer. He did not have to deny the appeal. Other conferences have the same rule but teams often allow the transfers when it is clearly in the player's best interests.
    But very little is ever said when programs block players from going to future opponents. From a distance, there are plenty of good options for BK without having to go to a future opponent. There are even other SEC programs such as So Car, UGA, UF, Vandy or UK. Previously, Bama has been the only school to catch any heat. Sankey's involvement with Smith was indecisive and tepid as usual. Bama hasn't caught the heat this time, at least not yet. I hope CNS holds the line and Sankey shows a little courage.

BamaNation First Team

I believe you could clarify your statement. My understanding is: Saban COULD break the rule and allow the transfer. I don't believe he can unilaterally deny an appeal. The appeal is to Sankey. This is all nice and sweet when you're picking on the embarassment of riches that is Alabama. What about when we need Vandy's best player? or Kentucky's? Or a Georgia back-up QB?
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.

Quote Originally Posted by dtgreg View Post
    I believe you could clarify your statement. My understanding is: Saban COULD break the rule and allow the transfer. I don't believe he can unilaterally deny an appeal. The appeal is to Sankey. This is all nice and sweet when you're picking on the embarassment of riches that is Alabama. What about when we need Vandy's best player? or Kentucky's? Or a Georgia back-up QB?
    He can let the SEC know that he is okay with the transfer and put it completely on them to decide. Note - I am not saying that he should, only that he could.

I'm still trying to figure out why Auburn could be in his best interest. I keep hearing how that offenses like the one Gus runs is bad for NFL development, now all the sudden that's the place to go to get ready for the NFL?
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban