Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (update: x-ferring to tennessee)

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Re: Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (Will be Grad-Transfer)

Most competitive programs push their players through a degree program pretty quickly today as they have the players in school pretty much year-round. They are getting credits for classes in the summer, for instance. So, sure, this hurts a school like Alabama when compared to a lower tiered school, but not really when compared to other P5 programs.
I don't think you can make this statement just yet. Infact I am positive that none of us know just what lasting effect this will have. May cause an avalanche. May not. None of us here can presume what the transfer landscape will become.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I don't think you can make this statement just yet. Infact I am positive that none of us know just what lasting effect this will have. May cause an avalanche. May not. None of us here can presume what the transfer landscape will become.
Well, we can all look at it this way. It`s a gross understatement to say that we`re all extremely interested in college football. This will only make it more interesting!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I bear no ill will towards Kennedy, but I cannot wish him luck - I hope his new team goes 0-12 next year.

Sorry-not-sorry.
I agree. Kennedy did what he thought was best for himself. I hope he turns out ok.... I hope his new team doesn't.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I bear no ill will towards Kennedy, but I cannot wish him luck - I hope his new team goes 0-12 next year.

Sorry-not-sorry.
I will pull for him on October 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

I can see him on the UT sideline thinking to himself, "man, I remember what it's like to boat race a team" as his team is getting boat raced.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

So he put himself in the position of Kevin Bacon (think Animal House) when he was being initiated... He can say...
'THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER'.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Three "hopes" on this subject:
1- that we don't find ourselves needing him due to injuries, etc.
2 - that he gets a degree and has a non-sucky experience in obKnoxville
3 - that the Viles lose every game except against Awbarn.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

I will pull for him on October 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will just say so long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye. I can't wish him all the best or any luck at all when he chooses to go to the enemy. I support his right to do so, but that doesn't mean I have to want the best for him when he makes a choice that is so contrary to what is right for the school he is leaving. And don't tell me he couldn't have transferred to any number of other schools. He certainly could have. I am perfectly ok with Warmack making the move he did, and I do wish him all the best. But I can't say the same for Kennedy. I do hope he loses all remaining games he has in college football.

And yes, I hate Tennessee enough that I can't possibly ever wish any good for anything Volunteer-related.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I don't think we should be down on the kid. He was part of our football team and earned his degree from The University of Alabama. I think with the new recruits coming in he wouldn't see much playing time. Can't blame him as he must put in a lot of effort to please CNS. Wish he had gone to a different school but matters not. He will get a character building lesson over the next two years on how to keep a positive outlook while losing a bunch of games and not getting a sniff at a play off or NC game.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

I will just say so long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye. I can't wish him all the best or any luck at all when he chooses to go to the enemy. I support his right to do so, but that doesn't mean I have to want the best for him when he makes a choice that is so contrary to what is right for the school he is leaving. And don't tell me he couldn't have transferred to any number of other schools. He certainly could have. I am perfectly ok with Warmack making the move he did, and I do wish him all the best. But I can't say the same for Kennedy. I do hope he loses all remaining games he has in college football.

And yes, I hate Tennessee enough that I can't possibly ever wish any good for anything Volunteer-related.
This is my emotional response. ^^^ That said, what we have to bear in mind is that he's making a BUSINESS DECISION.

I do APPRECIATE that he gave his all for UA while he was here, and I can respect the decision to move on in light of his apparent subjective belief that he's acting in his own best interest.

And if he had gone almost anywhere outside the SEC, I'd even wish him good luck and all that. Mind you, I don't wish him ANY ILL personally!!!
But at the same time, I DO hope he doesn't experience another winning season at the College level, so long as he's part of the UcheaT team.... Though it won't break my heart if he does enjoy a few upset wins over aubarn and Jaw-Ja. ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

BREAKING: Vols lose starting center Brandon Kennedy to knee injury

Tennessee offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy had high hopes after becoming a graduate transfer from Alabama this summer. After just one game where Kennedy showed promise as Tennessee's starting center, Kennedy's hopes were dashed Tuesday on the practice field after suffering a knee injury.

Sources tell Volquest that Kennedy is expected to miss the remainder of the season, which will likely push Ryan Johnson back to center. At guard, Tennessee's options are Jerome Carvin, Chance Hall and K'Rojhn Calbert.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.