Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (update: x-ferring to tennessee)

dirkg

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2014
www.facebook.com
Re: Brandon Kennedy Reportedly Transferring From UA (Will be Grad-Transfer)

Free to choose any school not on the following years schedule is how it should be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

This rule needs to be changed. Does anyone really think that Kennedy should not be allowed to attend the school of his choice after graduating?
I think as long as he's not going to a team Bama will play the very next season then yeah, he should be free to go.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA

This is the state of CFB today combined with the all about me generation. Kudos to Kennedy for giving his all to Bama and making the necessary sacrifices, as well as graduating. But rules are rules and this one (IMO) is just common sense.

Not being allowed to transfer to another SEC school should be upheld. Being allowed to transfer to either one of two bitter rivals? Shouldn't even be considered. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

This rule needs to be changed. Does anyone really think that Kennedy should not be allowed to attend the school of his choice after graduating?
If it is the law of the land then sure but as it stands now, he's just a victim of the rules.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

I think as long as he's not going to a team Bama will play the very next season then yeah, he should be free to go.
This👆🏼

Transfer but you cant go to a team your old team plays against the next year. You have to maintain some level of privacy with teams you are about ti play. Anyone who disagrees has not coached at a competitive level or been held accountable for W and L.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.

This can't keep happening. Otherwise, it's just like was said after the Maurice Smith transfer to UGA. It's turning CFB into a free agency. Any other school outside the SEC rule should stand.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

We disagree.
Because you think it's okay to allow him to transfer and give the opposing team an advantage wrt calls and playbook?

Bama had both benefited and been impaired by this in the past - the SEC has historically had a TWO YEAR sit rule for this very reason.

So you can disagree all you want, but the reasoning for disallowing it isn't just pulled out fo thin air.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

This

Transfer but you cant go to a team your old team plays against the next year. You have to maintain some level of privacy with teams you are about ti play. Anyone who disagrees has not coached at a competitive level or been held accountable for W and L.
I hate the NCAA as much as most, but I think this should be an NCAA rule for any player from any team in any conference.
This would help eliminate any ill will towards current coaches and schools and cut down on the drama that is about guaranteed from rival coaches and schools.

If you don't play the team next year then let them go. Even if they are in the same conference.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I hate the NCAA as much as most, but I think this should be an NCAA rule for any player from any team in any conference.
This would help eliminate any ill will towards current coaches and schools and cut down on the drama that is about guaranteed from rival coaches and schools.

If you don't play the team next year then let them go. Even if they are in the same conference.
I agree with this. Common sense.

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017

This👆🏼

I don’t like what I’m about to say from a competitive standpoint, but as he is a graduate of the university, they shouldn’t appear to own him or be able to dictate anything about his future if he chooses to leave after earning a degree. I don’t blame UA for using the stipulation, and I even think it was generous to apply it so minimally. It is allowed and it would be a disadvantage to not apply the rule. But I think the rule should be changed, especially for graduates.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I hope CNS holds the line on this one. Will the media manifest a bias against Alabama again ?

The charge that a program "owns a player" is illegitimate. They can transfer to ~115 of 130 schools. IMO, this is a good rule and hope is remains. There are non-competes in the business world - not that one has to appeal to that for justification. The players agreed to this rule when they signed.

Hopefully, there was no illegal recruiting by other programs.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

I don’t like what I’m about to say from a competitive standpoint, but as he is a graduate of the university, they shouldn’t appear to own him or be able to dictate anything about his future if he chooses to leave after earning a degree. I don’t blame UA for using the stipulation, and I even think it was generous to apply it so minimally. It is allowed and it would be a disadvantage to not apply the rule. But I think the rule should be changed, especially for graduates.
Dont forget many high profile companies and jobs have a "Non Compete" clause. When you take that position you sign an agreement which every student athlete does the exact same thing. They entered into a contract of their own choosing. If they decide to leave for whatever reason they must honor their end of that committment. You have been a part of something proprietary, something unique and in order for that company or school to stay unique in its own way they have to maintain a sense of control and ownership over what makes them different and unique. Major sports programs are no different in this sense. They want to keep that edge over the competition at least in the short term and immediate future.

These student athletes are not being punished, nor are they being handcuffed. There are 100+ other D1 schools they are free to transfer too. The problem with society today is no one wants to ultimately be responsible for their choices and actions. They want to do as they please no matter what they agree too or commit too. Its the everyone gets a trophy syndrome and rules dont matter if I decide I dont agree with them later. Life is not always fair or constant chocolates and rainbows. Its time to grow up and realize they are in the real world now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Because you think it's okay to allow him to transfer and give the opposing team an advantage wrt calls and playbook?
Because I trust that he won't betray his Alabama family and do that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

So you can disagree all you want, but the reasoning for disallowing it isn't just pulled out fo thin air.
The reasonong for disallowing it was created decades ago, and it was all about schools controlling players. It had nothing to do with telling other schools about your playbook.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.