USDA Lab in Beltsville MD - Kills kittens by the "hundreds" - Uh oh!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...kitten-killing-at-usda-test-lab-in-beltsville

In the letter, Bishop said hundreds of kittens are bred, fed parasite-infected raw meat for two to three weeks and then killed by “incineration.” Bishop said the USDA admits the kittens are healthy at the end of the study.

“I’m shocked and disturbed that for decades the USDA—the very organization charged with enforcing animal welfare laws—has been unnecessarily killing hundreds of kittens inexpensive and inefficient lab experiments,” Bishop said in a written statement. “Any government research program like this one that’s been funded since the Nixon administration needs to be put under the microscope, especially when it involves using kittens as disposable test tubes in harmful tests that most taxpayers oppose.”

His letter calls for an investigation into the program and questions why the kittens are killed instead of being offered for adoption. Bishop also urged researchers to find a different method for their experiments that do not use kittens and questions how much research has been conducted to find an alternative that is more humane.
So they are killing "healthy" kittens -- that's weird.

I wonder what we could use to eat parasite infested meat in place of kittens?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I used to set the wallpaper on the computers in the grad student office in ten Hoor to this.
The female grad students (mostly) were appalled.
I thought it was funny.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
"So they are killing "healthy" kittens -- that's weird.
I wonder what we could use to eat parasite infested meat in place of kittens?"
There is a hungry caravan of invaders down at the border!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Some candidate/former CEO from West Va assured me that it was OK with 'China People'.
I read an article yesterday that quoted a guy who voted for him even though he had three cousins who were killed in the explosion Blankenship went to prison for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.