Clemson Folks Reading Our Board (From September 2017) - You'll Love Some Replies

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
No, it's okay to lose to Mercer or South Carolina State.....[/QUOTE]

Yep - plain fact of the P_ayoff era.

A program like Alabama, Clempson, Ohio $tate, USCw, etc. (I'd argue it's even true for Notre Damned) - CAN lose to a "Mercer" or "SC State" - AND still play for a NC, so long as it's the only loss on their record, they still win their conference Title (not even required for Alabama). End the season 12-1 or 13-1 and any of these level of programs ARE (usually) going to have a slot in the P_ayoff _racket.

Whether that's a "good" or "bad" thing all depends on your perspective.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
"Nailed it! That is exactly why I consider the BCS National Championships pretty much bogus. The press/polls basically awarded the national championship .....i.e. Alabama's win over a pitiful Notre Dame tea, or the rematch between Bama and LSU."

Excuse me....but....both these teams were undefeated when Bama played them for the NCs were they not? I seem to recall ND being called one of college football's all time great teams As was LSU in 2011.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.