Clemson Folks Reading Our Board (From September 2017) - You'll Love Some Replies

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
and the comments are - in some cases - hilarious.

So that you don't have to go over there.....

Don't get me wrong, Clemson is always #1 on my poll whether we win or lose but there is no possible way to rank teams when they've only played a few games.

ESPiN and the SEC got by with murder for an entire decade because of preseason ranking. They called it the BCS era. They would collectively assemble 'data,' which was all subjective and prove that 10 or 12 SEC teams were better than all but a few others.

You mean like when the SEC was beating the snot out of all of the other conferences in the bowl games?

Nailed it! That is exactly why I consider the BCS National Championships pretty much bogus. The press/polls basically awarded the national championship .....i.e. Alabama's win over a pitiful Notre Dame tea, or the rematch between Bama and LSU.

Wasn't Notre Dame undefeated and in the game for that very reason? That's hardly an awarded title.

We will be number #1 after Bama does not cover the spread with Vandy this week.

We were 18.5 point favorites and tripled that.

And now for a very awesome Tiger fan:

Wow. Only a team that had been on top for years would have a message board that is that reasonable. 80% of the posts put Clemson as #1. Amazing. I agree that Clemson should be 1 but if the situation were reversed, not sure I would put Alabama first and Clemson 2nd. Definitely gained respect for their fans after reading that.

He's followed by a total klutz....

when we beat them again this year. That way they can say “I told you they were better than us” in hopes that people will side with them instead of rubbing it in their face that they lost to an acc school again.

I think I know where to mail this batch of sour grapes I've been looking to unload on someone deserving....

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
and the comments are - in some cases - hilarious.

So that you don't have to go over there.....

Don't get me wrong, Clemson is always #1 on my poll whether we win or lose but there is no possible way to rank teams when they've only played a few games.

ESPiN and the SEC got by with murder for an entire decade because of preseason ranking. They called it the BCS era. They would collectively assemble 'data,' which was all subjective and prove that 10 or 12 SEC teams were better than all but a few others.

You mean like when the SEC was beating the snot out of all of the other conferences in the bowl games?

Nailed it! That is exactly why I consider the BCS National Championships pretty much bogus. The press/polls basically awarded the national championship .....i.e. Alabama's win over a pitiful Notre Dame tea, or the rematch between Bama and LSU.

Wasn't Notre Dame undefeated and in the game for that very reason? That's hardly an awarded title.

We will be number #1 after Bama does not cover the spread with Vandy this week.

We were 18.5 point favorites and tripled that.

And now for a very awesome Tiger fan:

Wow. Only a team that had been on top for years would have a message board that is that reasonable. 80% of the posts put Clemson as #1. Amazing. I agree that Clemson should be 1 but if the situation were reversed, not sure I would put Alabama first and Clemson 2nd. Definitely gained respect for their fans after reading that.

He's followed by a total klutz....

when we beat them again this year. That way they can say “I told you they were better than us” in hopes that people will side with them instead of rubbing it in their face that they lost to an acc school again.

I think I know where to mail this batch of sour grapes I've been looking to unload on someone deserving....
Great post, Thanks!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You won't find that kind of arrogance over at my Gator forum!

(especially after a 4-8 season...lol) :)
A 4-8 season wouldn't stop the typical Buckeye forum from such arrogance. :conf2:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
At least they acknowledged “only fans of a team that’s normally ON TOP, would rank us #1”. Preseason bantering of the defending NC team that has little legitimate room to talk much trash after the last second pick play to win it.

It makes their musings all the more amusing to me after sending them home this season in the first round and winning it all yet again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
At least they acknowledged “only fans of a team that’s normally ON TOP, would rank us #1”. Preseason bantering of the defending NC team that has little legitimate room to talk much trash after the last second pick play to win it.

It makes their musings all the more amusing to me after sending them home this season in the first round and winning it all yet again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Evidently they have never heard of the dreaded and all powerful REC.

Wolfwallstreet

Apr 25, 2018
Way back when in rural redneck South Carolina there was a gas station named Clem and Son and that is where it all started.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Mouth breather going mouth breathers, is all that was.

Bama is the program that most program strive to become. I doesn't surprise me the Clemson's jealous rages on. Bama whupping their butt back in 2008 started this run. And Clemson probably does not play Bama close in their loss in the first NC game, or win the NC in the rematch if not for a superhuman effort by Watson.

But hey, if "Auburn by a lake" wants to continue to talk trash, be my guess. I don't mind Bama beating them again.

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
Clemson seems to always despise Alabama yet they sure hire lots of 'BAMA grads. Howard, Ford and Dabo to name a few.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Clemson seems to always despise Alabama yet they sure hire lots of 'BAMA grads. Howard, Ford and Dabo to name a few.
Charley Pell as well.

Mickey Andrews was a DC for both Pell and Ford.
Tommy Bowden was a coordinator here for Curry.
Curley Hallman - from Northport - was our DB coach and was a defensive assistant under Ford
Bill Oliver was Ford's DC in the late 80s

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
No offense. But most of these replies sound like they came from a medical journal compared to what gets posted daily by Dawg fans, Corndogs and the Malzahnians.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
THIS ^^^

And just as an aside, but perhaps others have noticed how many "prominent" or at least "up and coming" programs around the nation (or at least East of Mississippi River) have turned to the SEC for leadership?

As noted, Clem has a long history of hiring Alabama people... and sending back "lemons" like Hootie Ingram.... But I digress...
FRU rose to prominence under Bobby Bowden - an "Alabama guy", and was resurrected by Jimbo Fulmer, an SEC guy.
Miami first rose to prominence under Bryant player and long-time assistant Howard Schnellenberger. Now, down on their luck - who did they hire? UGa's former HC.
Elsewhere in the ACC - BC has Florida's Steve Adazzio, Dook has UcheaT/Old Mrs' David Butcliffe, Louisvile has Arkie's Bobby Petrino - and I'm probably leaving some out.

In the B1G - the "big dog" is still Ohio $tate - who did they hire when Jim Tressel finally got caught? Florida's Urban Myth.
Ped State needs a spark? They reach out to Vandy's James Franklin.

Arizona hired former SEC-ish (aTm) coach Kevin Sumlin, Oregon hired recent Saban assistant Mario Cristobal. And that's not counting a smattering of schools around the country with HC's who either played in the SEC or at least had a coaching stop along the way as an SEC assistant - Like USCw's Clay Helton or Wazzou's Mike Leach.

Just an observation.

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
Charley Pell as well.

Mickey Andrews was a DC for both Pell and Ford.
Tommy Bowden was a coordinator here for Curry.
Curley Hallman - from Northport - was our DB coach and was a defensive assistant under Ford
Bill Oliver was Ford's DC in the late 80s
Plus Amanda Gray (Compliance), Thad Turnipseed (AD Football), Mickey Conn (DB), Todd Bates (DL), Lamanski Hall (LB), and Paul Hogan (SC).

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Since we're talking about Clemson. Here's a new article about Dabo on ESPN. Some interesting quotes by Dabo. The ones specifically about Alabama are very interesting as well:

Despite his aw-shucks persona, Swinney is anything but naïve. He knows the Alabama chatter isn't going away and understands why people continue to tab him as the heir apparent to Saban. He laughs heartily at the thought of the poor soul who has to follow Saban at Alabama, but is quick to offer his own unique perspective.

"It doesn't matter if you're behind Nick or not at Alabama," Swinney said. "Listen, I spent 13 years there, so I get it. I know exactly what that mentality is and something I've tried to always fight here. You don't see that anywhere in our building, that it's national championship or bust. Our team goals are to win the opener, win the division, win the state championship, win the conference and win the closer.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23464877/dabo-swinney-clemson-tigers-built-last

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.