Guys, we have one certain pitcher.....

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
that has totally lost it, and I hate it for the kid, but dang.

Bama hanging on to a 7-6 lead in the 4th over Jax State.

Rtr

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Just shows how bad Bama baseball is currently. I realize what kind of mess the new staff was left with. But a program like Bama should not be facing the very real possibility of getting swept for the season from Jacksonville State. Bama could very well be the worst team in the state on any college level accept JUCO. I know you got to be patient but man the last two or three seasons have been tough to swallow. Way to many woulda,coulda, shoulda losses.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Living in Northwest Louisiana we don't get to see a lot of Bama baseball games. But the few we have been able to watch? Man oh man. The talent (for a SEC program) is severely lacking across the board. I'm hoping CBB can put together a sales "pitch" (<----pun intended ;)) to upgrade the talent level or I'm afraid any improvement we are seeing is going to quickly top out. Coaching can only go so far. You have to have the "hosses" to compliment the coaching.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Guys, help is on the way. Baseball unlike other sports, takes 2-3 recruiting cycles to work out. Then if you lose out to the MLB draft, it hurts worse. CBB has got this! Keep the faith!

We currently have a top 20 recruiting class coming in. Assuming the MLB draft doesn't decimate it, we will be fine. There are 2 recruits who could potentially go in the draft and sign but looks like the others will probably come to school. But, that could change pending a kids desire to sign with the MLB or not.

While this team is below SEC standards overall, it really is a couple of bona fide weekend starters and a couple of offense studs away from being a 12-13 SEC win team which typically puts you in a regional. Still below what we want/expect here, but not a goal we can't reach next year imo. In baseball you really need a couple of studs, and then some guys that just do their job to be a 35 win team.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I agree completely. Had we a couple of more solid bullpen arms that series against State could have easily been a sweep for our side. I haven't lost faith.

Rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.