QB Joe Burrow decides to transfer from Ohio State

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Cincinnati writers are saying Burrow has decided to go to LSU after visiting Baton Rouge and Cincinnati.
Dang. That's probably a huge upgrade for L7U. He will for sure be a strong contender to start.

But their coach is still Captain Caveman so I look forward to typing L8U later this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Dang. That's probably a huge upgrade for L7U. He will for sure be a strong contender to start.

But their coach is still Captain Caveman so I look forward to typing L8U later this year.
I'm betting this will just get their fans hopes up and then they will still have an underwhelming season based on expectations

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
a blind man with a broken arm would be a huge upgrade over their last QB.
But he got drafted by the Patriots, didn't he? :) I do wonder how he got drafted by them, even in the late rounds. I bet he won't even make the team for the roster cut off. He seems like a nice guy though. I wish this newest grad transfer from Ohio State would have picked Cincinnati instead of LSU. LSU might actually have a decent QB now.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Cole Cubelic discussed this week how Coach O had lost the locker room already and trying to lure this guy to BR was one of the reasons. TIFWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Cole Cubelic discussed this week how Coach O had lost the locker room already and trying to lure this guy to BR was one of the reasons. TIFWIW.
Hoo boy........not good....not good at all.

Maybe that's why Coach Mullen passed. Gotta maintain team chemistry and cohesion.

Good stuff....thanks Rolltide 21.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
If I was a QB looking to transfer, I'd think long and hard about coming to the SEC West and having to play Bama's D (plus the Barn, plus Florida's) every year.
Chances of putting up impressive numbers the next two years would be better at Cincie, I would think.
Of course, QBs tend to be quite, shall we say, "self-confident," so maybe such considerations would entice him to the SEC West.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
If I was a QB looking to transfer, I'd think long and hard about coming to the SEC West and having to play Bama's D (plus the Barn, plus Florida's) every year.
Chances of putting up impressive numbers the next two years would be better at Cincie, I would think.
Of course, QBs tend to be quite, shall we say, "self-confident," so maybe such considerations would entice him to the SEC West.
Agree. This guy obviously has a good chest... or is it “enough chest”... for playing at LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm betting this will just get their fans hopes up and then they will still have an underwhelming season based on expectations
Well, unless they`ve changed since I lived in NOLA in the late 80`s and amongst the LSU faithful, there`s a surprisingly large contingent that are genuinely convinced that they`ve already, at the very least, got the West in the bag, if not the SEC as a whole. They are an amazing bunch. You have to live there to truly appreciate it. And if they win a couple of ball games?? That`s it..... it`s over....national champs, no question. Maybe the last 7 years has tempered them a bit, but I doubt it.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Why? Even the players are opposed to good QBs there? This is like the one thing O's ever been right on.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Why? Even the players are opposed to good QBs there? This is like the one thing O's ever been right on.
They actually have 2 pretty good QBs on their roster, plus a third QB who is serviceable. Thy also have had a pretty good competition for that spot all Spring. Their 3 QBs are Justin McMillan, Myles Brennan and Lowell Narcisse. McMillan is a long shot, but Narcisse is a very athletic QB who can run a read option offense effectively. His problems are similar to Jalen's - he pulls the ball down too early and he is not a terribly accurate passer. If he improves his passing he will be their starter. If he cannot improve his passing then Ensminger will probably use both him and Brennan in a 2 QB system.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Well, unless they`ve changed since I lived in NOLA in the late 80`s and amongst the LSU faithful, there`s a surprisingly large contingent that are genuinely convinced that they`ve already, at the very least, got the West in the bag, if not the SEC as a whole. They are an amazing bunch. You have to live there to truly appreciate it. And if they win a couple of ball games?? That`s it..... it`s over....national champs, no question. Maybe the last 7 years has tempered them a bit, but I doubt it.
If only winning the west once in the last 10 years didn't temper expectations. I am not sure anything will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.