The difference in Head Coaches couldn't be clearer in the SEC

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Look at how the Free agent season or Graduate transfers are happening. LSU Coach O has ....ed off his locker room with going after burrows publicly(a guy that couldn't beat out JT or the guys currently at OSU) He likely will lose 2-3 QB's as a result (his future at the position) for 2 year flyer on a qb.
UF has Mullen and they are in the mix(according to outside sources) with burrows but realizing the situation, he makes sure its quiet and everyone knows what is going on. Looks as if he might pass on the short term gain.
Saban would not let this get to the media at all like the ECU Qb.
my point is this is why LSU is sinking ship and has been for so long. Miles was far and away a better coach and recruiter. O will have LSU wishing they could be Miss state in two years. LSU is going back to what they were in the early 90's quickly. The best part is they can't afford to fire O. Be thankful what we have a great AD which when given the opportunity to make hires has done really well. ( we shall see what happens with end of the year reviews within our programs, looking at you Gymnastics and softball)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is what happens when rich men with egos interfere. I doubt that any AD could have stopped the madness that has taken over that football program. Not that I am giving their AD a pass - Alleva is in way over his head at LSU. But the train wreck playing out down there has many more people to blame.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is what happens when rich men with egos interfere. I doubt that any AD could have stopped the madness that has taken over that football program. Not that I am giving their AD a pass - Alleva is in way over his head at LSU. But the train wreck playing out down there has many more people to blame.
Alleva isn't alone in this, but he's a very large contributor.

He botched Jimbo's hiring in 2015.

He botched the coaching search after firing Miles in 2016.

He interfered last year with the assistants and O to the point of making it clear - O is just the puppet while the coordinators do what they want.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
LSU has been in that desperate kinda mode ever since we hired Coach Saban..That's caused them to make many many mistakes along the way to try close the gap between our football programs..It's almost been as fun to watch, as it was, when the viles took a drastic nose dive..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He interfered last year with the assistants and O to the point of making it clear - O is just the puppet while the coordinators do what they want.
Alleva listened to an emotional, fragile fanbase when he decided to keep O. Now he and Coach O will both be gone either at the end of this year or next year. It has to be very humiliating and frustrating being a LSU fan now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

IMO, the boosters ran their mouths and that is why they lost Fisher in 2015. The same thing cost Michigan Les Miles as their coach a few years earlier. In both cases, had the boosters kept it quiet, the schools would have landed their preferred coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
IMO, the boosters ran their mouths and that is why they lost Fisher in 2015. The same thing cost Michigan Les Miles as their coach a few years earlier. In both cases, had the boosters kept it quiet, the schools would have landed their preferred coach.
From what I've heard, Alleva botched the hire by letting it go public in the first place. He couldn't properly handle it behind the scenes, which allowed it to go public. At that point, Jimbo just took the raise from FSU instead.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I was shocked at how the whole Les Miles thing played out. They obviously had made the decision to fire him but his team went and beat TAMU. His players were lifting him on their shoulders going off the field and everyone there thought he was done. Alleva brought him back and we know that Leslie didn't change a thing.
I think coach O would have worked for free to have his job. Now they're stuck with him.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
After O's debacle at OM, I can't believe LSU thought he'd be the permanent solution to competing with Bama. I mean, if nothing else, just listen to him try to do an interview.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.