New MNF Crew Announced

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
The Super Bowl was freaking amazing....best one I have watched that I can remember! But that halftime show....:rolleye2:
Don't even get me started on the Super Bowl halftime shows. I actually enjoyed the years following the "wardrobe malfunction," which featured such acts as The Who, Paul McCartney, and Prince. But halftime shows like that were not meant to last, I guess, and they gave way to more pandering to the younger demographic. Prince, to me, was amazing at the halftime show, but is also the last good one we saw.

Edit to add this: after further research, it looks like my recollection was wrong, and The Who was the last of the "throwbacks" to play at halftime(I am not one to let facts get in the way of a perfectly unreasonable emotion) . But Prince was the best to me.

Last edited:

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I really only watch the NFL to root for the 49ers. If the team isn't going to be on TV, I'm not watching it. I used to be able to watch the NFL all day like I do with college football, but since I moved to Alabama, I've just focused my NFL watching on the 49ers. So, this new group has no blip on my radar for if I'm going to watch MNF or not.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i dont see anywhere in the title about whether anyone watched the NFL.. As for the crew, Ed Orgeron and Charlie Browns teacher could be calling the game. I love pro football just as much as college. i'm sure they will suffice

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
It's been all down hill anyway after these guys......

Man...that was a different era of broadcasting. They could make a so so game watchable and a good game fantastic. Meredith was my favorite on there. At first...the combo of these 3 guys seemed awkward, but they became the face of MNF. Maybe I thought that because I much younger then. But I have not been as enthused with any broadcast team since that era. Of Course...there is so much politics involved now. I watch almost zero Pro sports now. I do miss the excitement of the games from back then.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I tuned out the NFL about twenty years ago and have never looked back. I look forward to hopefully many years of listening to Brad Nessler on Saturday afternoons.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Man...that was a different era of broadcasting. They could make a so so game watchable and a good game fantastic. Meredith was my favorite on there. At first...the combo of these 3 guys seemed awkward, but they became the face of MNF. Maybe I thought that because I much younger then. But I have not been as enthused with any broadcast team since that era. Of Course...there is so much politics involved now. I watch almost zero Pro sports now. I do miss the excitement of the games from back then.
"Turn out the lights, the party's over" was an all-time classic.

When these guys were calling games we were not inundated with dozens of college and NFL games weekly with a multitude of announcer combos. They were a great team and it was basically the only game to watch so you are right it was a different era but there were not near as many to compare them to.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
With sports betting now legalized and certain to include sports announcing betting as one of them crazy British-style parlays like snowing and a blizzard of volcanic ash on Guy Fawkes Day, what are the odds that this trio will reasserted (resurrected in one case) into the MNF booth?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I could not stand Cosell, his voice was like fingernails on a chalk board to me, his opinions were even worse.
I remember towards the end of his career bars were having raffles to throw a brick into a TV when he came on.
I remember my dad literally "cussing" at Cosell from his recliner because he got on my dad's nerves so bad. He loved Meredith because he said Meredith knew how to push Cosell's bottons on air. I watched a documentary on Cosell and the stories of his off the air tirades because something wasn't done exactly how he wanted it or someone (like Meredith) said something in a way he didn't like.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Ya do know that it's the NFL that does the Super Bowl right?
I did not watch any nfl games last season. I was on the road
And did come across espn radio ans heard a little bit of the Super Bowl.
As games go...it must have been one of the better games. I am a Viet Nam era guy(a 2 service vet) and the son of a Ww2 combat engnrwho braved snipers and MG42s on Omaha Beach. Nfl players generally sicken me, but I understand that my emotions are my own. I get that I cannot be the judge. But I will make market choices, and I choose to snub the nfl. Roll Tide:BigA:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I remember my dad literally "cussing" at Cosell from his recliner because he got on my dad's nerves so bad. He loved Meredith because he said Meredith knew how to push Cosell's bottons on air. I watched a documentary on Cosell and the stories of his off the air tirades because something wasn't done exactly how he wanted it or someone (like Meredith) said something in a way he didn't like.
I always liked Cosell's interactions with "Moohamid" Ali (Cosell said his first name this way) and it was fun to see how Ali messed with him and got him ruffled at times.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I did not watch any nfl games last season. I was on the road
And did come across espn radio ans heard a little bit of the Super Bowl.
As games go...it must have been one of the better games. I am a Viet Nam era guy(a 2 service vet) and the son of a Ww2 combat engnrwho braved snipers and MG42s on Omaha Beach. Nfl players generally sicken me, but I understand that my emotions are my own. I get that I cannot be the judge. But I will make market choices, and I choose to snub the nfl. Roll Tide:BigA:
Great post, TTM!

A full Banjo+ for you, sir! ;)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Excuse me? The NFL is in a free fall .......................................................>Losing viewers, sponsors and money right and left~!!
Losing money? Not even close. Reduced profits? Maybe. But they are making billions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.