Did You Call Your Momma Today

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
What an iconic commercial. One of my favorites... My Mom is still living but has dementia. She doesn't know me any more but I love to visit her, because I still know her...

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
What an iconic commercial. One of my favorites... My Mom is still living but has dementia. She doesn't know me any more but I love to visit her, because I still know her...
I probably have the exact words wrong, but I've got the intent behind them. When Mal Moore's wife had dementia and didn't know him, he would stop by every day. When someone said, "But she doesn't remember who you are," he said, "But I remember who she is." [Pardon me whilst I swallow hard...]

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
I probably have the exact words wrong, but I've got the intent behind them. When Mal Moore's wife had dementia and didn't know him, he would stop by every day. When someone said, "But she doesn't remember who you are," he said, "But I remember who she is." [Pardon me whilst I swallow hard...]
Mal went to see Charlotte every day. Mal also said, "there is only one Crimson Tide" ...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
My Mom had Denentia/Alzheimer's. Hardest thing I ever had to do was to walk out of that Nursing home with her begging to go home. God Bless any of you guys who have or MAY experience that in the future. Tough subject it is. Tough.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Full disclosure, my son comes over regularly and keeps in touch via text and phone all the time. However on Mother's Day he travelled to Atlanta to pick up his girlfriend's boys. I was somewhat miffed that I had not heard from him and texted this video link to him. It worked like a charm. He was suitably chagrined.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
My Mom had Denentia/Alzheimer's. Hardest thing I ever had to do was to walk out of that Nursing home with her begging to go home. God Bless any of you guys who have or MAY experience that in the future. Tough subject it is. Tough.
Dementia is cruel. My Dad had Parkinson's related Dementia in the months before he passed. It was so strange because he could still do complicated math in his head but couldn't read a clock. He would have trouble recognizing my Mom if she was wearing work clothes. If she was casual or in sleeping clothes, he could recognize her. But if she was dressed for work, he thought she was another person.

I could see him struggle with it too - because some moments were crystal clear, and the next moment he was in a fog......

It took him nearly 5 days but he wrote my Mom a letter before he died (he had dates written in the letter each time he started to work on it).....and he hid it in the house so we'd find it later. She found it 3 months after he passed, and in it he told her how much he loved her and he wanted her to know before he got to the point where he couldn't tell her anymore because of the Dementia.

I'm so glad that our resident comedians have left this thread alone.....

Good bless your Moms both.....and thanks for sharing your stories.

Coach Bryant is still finding a way to touch us all -- decades later......

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I talk to my Mom everyday and spend as much time with her as I can. I learned at an early age that no one is guaranteed tomorrow or even the next hour. When I was six my Dad took me with him to to run some business errands. He promised to stop at a local store and let me buy a toy afterwards. My Granddad lived on the way so we stopped to see him for a few minutes. He begged me to stay with him, but I told him I would get my Dad to stop on the way back home. I never got the chance to talk to my Granddad again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.