Did not realize Tony Brown did not get drafted. Anyone else surprised?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He definitely needs to learn to how to control his emotions, but that is a big part of maturing.
Maturity and emotion control aren’t the same thing. Just read any game day thread for proof. There are 80 year olds who lose their minds...and I guarantee you they are quite mature

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Maturity and emotion control aren’t the same thing. Just read any game day thread for proof. There are 80 year olds who lose their minds...and I guarantee you they are quite mature
You are confusing maturity and age. Not the same thing.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I fear Tony would struggle at corner against elite speed at WR. However, he could make a serious impact as a safety, able to support on running plays or cover when necessary. My guess is the issues that led to him being an UDFA had less to do with his strength and skills as opposed to, well, everything else. But I'm rooting for him. Hope he is All Pro in two years. Even if not, he'll end up on some highlight films, no doubt.
I agree with you 100%. But, really, how bad do you have to be to stand out as a pariah among that bunch?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Damn.

How many of you 'psofa psychologists' have ever even seen the guy in person; much less spoken or had him on your couch?

Absurd ... at best.
I have spoken to him at least 5 times. And each one was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I guess I'm starting to slip a bit but I didn't realize Tony Brown didn't even get drafted. I have to say I'm somewhat surprised. Any particular reason someone with the physical tools as Brown can go through the entire draft and not at least get drafted? I watch the draft every year and normally by the fifth and sixth rounds they start taking guys from some schools I never even heard of, and I'll sit there and ask, "Is that guy really more talented than the ten other guys from D-1 that I've watched play for three to four years?" I cannot believe Tony Brown didn't even get drafted. WOW! Granted, he's since been picked up by the Chargers but good night alive. Hard to believe he wasn't at least as good of an NFL prospect as some of the guys I saw drafted in the last two rounds. :conf2:
I thought he wold be drafted, and I saw things that might make him a 5th. 6th or at worst a 7th round pick. I think he will be a steal. I saw a tweet where he was articulate and well spoken. I was amazed, I think he got a lot of bad publicity, or just plain PC. He's the real deal! He knows the process, he just needs to concentrate, and I think will!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I fear Tony would struggle at corner against elite speed at WR. However, he could make a serious impact as a safety, able to support on running plays or cover when necessary. My guess is the issues that led to him being an UDFA had less to do with his strength and skills as opposed to, well, everything else. But I'm rooting for him. Hope he is All Pro in two years. Even if not, he'll end up on some highlight films, no doubt.
Struggle against speed?

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tony’s a stud pure athlete. Never a doubt in my mind he would get drafted.

But I WAS genuinely surprised that Josh Frazier got drafted (and signed). But our DL coach that left to go the the NFL is the new DL coach of the team that drafted him.....but still

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tony’s a stud pure athlete. Never a doubt in my mind he would get drafted.

But I WAS genuinely surprised that Josh Frazier got drafted (and signed). But our DL coach that left to go the the NFL is the new DL coach of the team that drafted him.....but still
Still, based on talent alone, Tony should have gone way above Frazier...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's got a personality type that scares teams. He's very full of himself but he's also likely nothing more than a depth DB and special teams coverage teams starter in the NFL. I'm assuming teams just decided to pass on drafting him because they could get that kind of player with a more low-key demeanor on and off the field.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
He's got a personality type that scares teams. He's very full of himself but he's also likely nothing more than a depth DB and special teams coverage teams starter in the NFL. I'm assuming teams just decided to pass on drafting him because they could get that kind of player with a more low-key demeanor on and off the field.
Hard to think everyone drafted above him had a more user-friendly personality.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Think he ended up in the best scenario anyhow. Read that the Chargers head coach, Anthony Lynn, played with Tony Brown's dad (IIRC) or has some connection to the Brown family. If Tony is going to make a roster this is probably his best opportunity..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.