Ridley Enjoys more freedom at Falcons Rookie Minicamp

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
That is kind of funny. That new found freedom is the undoing of some of them.
Yep, sadly some of them get out from under that rigid structure and are no longer able to function properly and/or make good decisions. I think it is a perfect example of why Coach Saban has such a painstakingly defined system in place...

Edit to clarify: My post above has nothing to do with Ridley and is just a general comment/observation.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was even more interested that they're using him at returner. I always wondered why we didn't use him there. Looks like the answer is that we didn't want to risk him...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I was even more interested that they're using him at returner. I always wondered why we didn't use him there. Looks like the answer is that we didn't want to risk him...
I’m no x and o guy but my guess would be that he’s the kind of player at the college level that him merely lining up significantly affects the game and his absence would work the opposite direction.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think Calvin really has no problem with rules, he's just enjoying his freedoms.If the Falcons had the same rules, he would gladly follow them. I remember when I was a freshman at jr college I was late to a class. My buddy reminded me that they really don't care if you go to class or not. That's a freedom I wasn't used to and it seemed kind of cool to be able cut a class. Fortunately , I figured out there was a price for freedom.

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Yep, sadly some of them get out from under that rigid structure and are no longer able to function properly and/or make good decisions. I think it is a perfect example of why Coach Saban has such a painstakingly defined system in place...

Edit to clarify: My post above has nothing to do with Ridley and is just a general comment/observation.
After watching the Bama Cuts episode with Julio, I think Ridley is going to be ok. Julio never seemed to talk much, but he was outspoken on working hard, doing your best, etc. in that episode. He will likely be mentoring Ridley. Julio has had a really good career to this point, and it would be wise for Ridley to listen to him. If he does, all will go well for him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I’m no x and o guy but my guess would be that he’s the kind of player at the college level that him merely lining up significantly affects the game and his absence would work the opposite direction.
Yep. At Alabama he was WR1. He won't be that in Atlanta.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.